+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: No Final episode?

They better not have done this to slink out of giving the winner the 250 grand!

Bah! Bah, bah, bah! Stuff like this brings out the crankiness in me. What a fine way to reward the fans that stuck through the whole season!

Oh my god! How ridiculous! What the heck is wrong with NBC?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

This is totally jacked. Amazingly weird and stupid decision. One episode left? Lame. <---repetitive, but true. Total lame-osity.

Well that's eight seven recaps then. I can't believe that they're really not airing the finale. I hope Libra's wish is true, i.e. a re-airing on Comedy Central? My guess is: not likely. Totally craptacular.

I really hope they're able to somehow give the winner his due/publicity/accolades. It just seems like too much hard work to end it this way.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

FORT Regular
    I am stunned. NBC showed no respect to the comedians who worked so hard for them. The ratings were low, but why cancel it with only 1 ep left? The people at NBC are complete morons, it was clearly the network who wanted to air another season for a quick buck, and when the returns were low, they bailed. Show business is evil, and no one deserves this. How ghetto of NBC.

Oh, and also . . . after Shazzer suffered for so long putting out wonderful recaps with no recap-friendly material to work with!

Here's to Shazz. She didn't give up on us.

FORT Regular
    I have to wonder, like others, if this is connected to NBC not wanting to pay up the prize(s) for the winner - which beyond the $250k (which even for a low-rated show is a drop in the bucket) also involved, if I recall, some TV deal or something. If they air the episode, even on Comedy Central, then they'd have to pay. But as with all reality shows, I'm sure NBC with LCS reserved the right to avoid payment if the final episode does not air.

Frankly, it's just stupid to do so for the LAST episode of a season. I realize the ratings weren't out of this world, but Father of the Pride isn't exactly a hit either - last I checked its most recent episode was getting ~9 million with LCS at ~6 million. While 9 million is better, is it so much better that it's worth pissing off the people that would watch the finale? FotP is already considered one of the biggest disasters of the new season (because it cost a lot to produce in relation to its ratings), a marathon isn't going to change its fortunes.

Jay said before the season started that this wasn't a great idea. He was right, but now the entire series has suffered as a result - who knows if they'll even bother with a "real" LCS next summer at this point - which could have done well - and it will be the fault of NBC.

T.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    Oh, and also . . . after Shazzer suffered for so long putting out wonderful recaps with no recap-friendly material to work with!

Here's to Shazz. She didn't give up on us.
    Aww Mannitola, you never fail to make me smile, you supportive amigo you! *high fives* That was a bright-and-shiny end to a totally blah day!! *urge to sing Mary Tyler Moore song overtaking me...* Who can take a nothing day....

And I know several people who watch Father of the Pride, but again, not many more viewers than LCS, according to Nielson. I'm guessing this means it won't be live either. So the news of who wins will probably be leaked quite soon.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

That is SOOO stupid. I love this show, and I was really looking forward to the finale as I found 3 of the 4 comics great. I figured it would be a great finale. This blows.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace2529
    This is absolutely idiotic. Yes, the show hasn't performed well (it's not like the NBC execs can escape all the blame there anyway), but to cancel a show with one episode left isn't just bad taste; it's bad business.

Oh well, I'll deal with it.

Besides, I'm one of those few people who actually watches Father of the Pride .
    That's good! You can tell us who wins, then.

NBC exec..."maybe if we air the results during our Father of the Pride, some of the 6 million fans of LCS will get hooked and we can boost our Father ofthe Pride ratings. They are both kind of like comedy, after all..."
    STUPID logic. Now I can't watch one, and I'll never watch the other on principal. :phhht

+ Reply to Thread