+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 10/05 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Go Dave! Dave Mordel was just on last night, he has always been a favorite but he was awesome last night.
    John Heffron and Rich Vos both seemed nervous during their sets. Alonzo was ok but not as funny as Dave Mordel.
    I would have voted for Dave Mordel but I forgot last night.

Well I just finished watching all 4 performances and as a big John Heffron fan I just have to say...What happened?? I was sooo disappointed in his set. He was definitely off.

Vos was ok, but also seemed fairly nervous in his delivery. Alonzo had a few really really good ones to be sure, and I love political humor but I thought his Bush/Kerry jokes were pretty lame. Topical? Sure. Funny? Not so much, imo.

So if I'd been voting (can't cuz I don't live in the US), I would've sent all my votes to DAVE MORDAL!! I'd been disappointed in his sets leading up to the final showdown, but I thought he did a great job when he needed to. Will he win? Probably not because of the season 2 bias. If Alonzo wins, I'll be happy for him though.

FORT Newbie
    I just got finished watching last nights episode. I have to say that Dave's set was definitely the funniest. The best I've ever seen him.
    If he doesn't win next week, I will be very disappointed

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by yardgnome77
    Go Dave! Dave Mordel was just on last night, he has always been a favorite but he was awesome last night.
    John Heffron and Rich Vos both seemed nervous during their sets. Alonzo was ok but not as funny as Dave Mordel.
    I would have voted for Dave Mordel but I forgot last night.

You forgot to vote? Isn't that the entire purpose of....never mind.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I saw this during voting last night and wanted to post it, but I forgot last night.

I was reading the fine print in the voting rules - where it states three votes per [insert voting method here], and I noticed a sentence stating that NBC has the right to change that number.

Can they change that number before voting? After voting? Or at any point when they want to skew the stats? Jay Mohr wants Dave to take it all, no question about that...just makes me wonder...

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    Can they change that number before voting? After voting? Or at any point when they want to skew the stats? Jay Mohr wants Dave to take it all, no question about that...just makes me wonder...
    I, of course, think that Dave deserves to win it all, hands down. Watching it though, I actually got the impression that they were trying to set up Alonzo to win...Can't say specifically why I think that - maybe his getting to close the show, the edited crowd shots and response, I dont know...

Hope I'm completely wrong as Dave truly is the best writer and most talented comic of them all...

I confess that I missed most of Alonzo's set...I was sick as a dog last night and sort of drifting in and out of consciousness by the time he hit the stage, but I'll assume he was as good as usual.

John Heffron...first time the guy didn't even get me to crack a smile. Did he expect to win again with a set like that?

Rich Vos...meh. Better than Heffron, anyway.

Dave Mordal...awesome. Now HE made me laugh. I like Alonzo but am rooting for Dave all the way.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I agree with most people - Dave killed, and Rich was very nervous. Alonzo wasn't bad, John was bad. Dave got all my votes.

I'm hoping the season 1 faithful will all vote for Dave, and the season 2 faithful will split their votes between Alonzo and John, and Dave will win.

I was sad to see the last of Gary though.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I've smoked Cat Nip...... Leviathan's Avatar
    Alonzo the winner?

Alonzo isn't funny.

The joke about the government computers leading to the punchline about the DMV parking ticket was so predictable....why didn't he just do a knock-knock joke? It's about the same on the predictability level.
    The Paris Hilton jokes were so bad I ACTUALLY groaned out loud. "Paris Hilton wrote a book.....she can't even read a book". Did Captain Obvious write that joke?

...and regardless my personal opinion on his ability to be funny, Alonzo is racist. Hasn't anyone noticed he tells a lot of jokes that fall on the premise that all white folk hate all black folk?....or that white people are filled with hate in general? He is HAPPY about the term "White Trash"??? That doesn't bother anyone? White people ran out of people to hate? Hello!!???

Alonzo was one of the finalists on Star Seach. His act was the same on that show too. White people holding him down....white people are soooo afraid of black people....black people can't do this or that because of how white people view them. Ahhhhhh Alonzo, Richard Prior circa 1970 called and and wants his rage back! Alonzo lost on Star Search to a funny lady (Tracy MacDonald) who just happens to be from my home-town and I couldn't believe he re-surfaced on LCS. I was sick of his "self-race-deprecating" humor then and I am still sick of it now. Newsflash Alonzo....making fun of who you are is fine, just as long as you don't wrongly label an entire other group in that process.

As for Heffron....obviously he can't write material.
    Vos needs to swear or his act is compromised. I bet only 30% of his act is "clean" and he had to repeat it.

Dave? What can you say....the man is incredible. The joke about his mom trying to log onto Microsoft Word was the funniest thing I've heard in a while. He wasn't picking on retarded people - he was picking on those who mislabel retarded people to gain something for death row inmates.

P.S. - sorry if my outlook on Alonzo is "rough", but I just get upset when I don't see others noticing his obvious lack of respect for everything non-black...and his obvious lack of self-respect. He should love who he is and build from there, instead of starting with hate and driving it into the ground. Just my opinion....

Oh yeah Dave is funny...

Making fun of his mother...

What is next...Dave talking in a Vietnamese accent and having a bad haircut?

(Just Joking!)

Keith S. :{)>

+ Reply to Thread