+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 10/05 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    does anyone know Dave's voting number so I can hypothetically vote? He claims he doesn't know it. :rolleyes

He found it for me.

Hooray to Dave the clear winner!

I was crying laughing at DM tonight!

The "My parents got a new entertainment center. They put bird seed in the bug zapper. My father crosses them off in his guidebook" just cracked me up!

I've got an odd sense of humor, and Dave just hits me where it laughs.

Heffron seemed nervous. Hadn't noticed that before.
    Vos' Billy on Santa's knee was funny but he's still a little disjointed.
    Alonzo has been funnier. I'm sick of Politics and Paris Hilton.

Give me mom playing tetris on the disk defragmenter any day!

The best thing is we get to see the four of them again for the reveal show. We are the true winners!

My votes went to Alonzo. Hefron's worst performance. Vos had maybe one good line. Dave was Ok, but after listening to you all hype him up all of the time, I guess I expected more from him than I've seen during this season or tonight. Alonzo has stayed true to himself and kept his material intelligent, current, yet humorous. If he doesn't win, it had better be Dave.
    Sing & dance the night away!

Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    1-866-funny-93 and you KNOW I'm power voting!

Let's hear it for multi-tasking.

And I agree with whomever it was above who asked what's the deal with the crowd yelling for season 2? I didn't realize that's what it was about! In any event - go Dave.

FORT Newbie
    I thought Dave was totally on tonight. Best set from him in the series.

Alonzo was good but he's done better. Celebrity jokes? That's more Tammy's area. Or Tere's. I think he's the best comic overall, though.

Rich just doesn't work in this 2-minute dive bomb format. That was about as well as he could do. I liked him bringing the dirty club edge on TV, but it won't get him anything but cred.

John laid an egg. He didn't even jump around on stage. Just more pitching his sit-com that ain't gonna happen.

I thought this was Hefforn's to lose all along. He's reigning champ and most of the viewing audience seems like, "We just DID this, you idiots," with the overwhelming LCS2 bias.

Hopefully, people will see LCS 3 not as who is the best reality star or nicest guy or guy who'd look best on a sit-com. It's "Who is the Funniest." Period. Hefforn dropped the ball and does not deserve to win. Vos ain't gonna. Either Dave or Alonzo would be just desserts after two series that had little to do with who's funniest.

FORT Fan
    If Dave does not win then I hope he at least comes in a close second!
    I went into this show having him as my favorite and I honestly tried to listen to all four unbiased.
    I thought John was not so great, Rich not so much either.
    I thought Alonzo was good but the only one who had me rolling and laughing out loud was Dave. I chuckled at others but howled at Dave.
    I am glad he at least got a lot of exposure from this and still hope he gets to be on tv more.
    Helen

Quote Originally Posted by SunSawed
    I thought Dave was totally on tonight. Best set from him in the series.

Alonzo was good but he's done better. Celebrity jokes? That's more Tammy's area. Or Tere's. I think he's the best comic overall, though.

Rich just doesn't work in this 2-minute dive bomb format. That was about as well as he could do. I liked him bringing the dirty club edge on TV, but it won't get him anything but cred.

John laid an egg. He didn't even jump around on stage. Just more pitching his sit-com that ain't gonna happen.

I thought this was Hefforn's to lose all along. He's reigning champ and most of the viewing audience seems like, "We just DID this, you idiots," with the overwhelming LCS2 bias.

Hopefully, people will see LCS 3 not as who is the best reality star or nicest guy or guy who'd look best on a sit-com. It's "Who is the Funniest." Period. Hefforn dropped the ball and does not deserve to win. Vos ain't gonna. Either Dave or Alonzo would be just desserts after two series that had little to do with who's funniest.

Heffron was very nervous. I'm used to his whole-person (using his gestures and moving around the stage) style. Standing in one spot telling jokes is not his forte or his niche. Or whichever pidgeonhole he is supposed to be in.

Same with Alonzo. He has done much better previously, I was seriously let down. However, he is one finely dressed man. He, unlike Vos, does not shop at Marshalls.

Everything Vos used was re-hashed. Too bad, he's funny when he's telling original jokes.

Dave - best set ever

You are so right, SunSawed, Heffron dropped the ball, and IMO, Alonzo picked it up. He took the game away from Heffron. Again, IMO.

Heffron did absolutely awful tonight.

Vos would've been a whole lot funnier if he hadn't been so obviously nervous. His last few were good, though.

Dave was great, and I don't think any of it was offensive. He went out of his way to make it clear he wasn't being offensive; he was just making fun of those people who try to get out of harsh penalties by claiming to be mentally incompetent.

Alonzo was great... as usual. Whether you like his material or not, it's hard to deny that he has the best stage presence. He hadn't dissapointed me yet, and tonight was no exception.

Alonzo deserves to win, but in a perfect world, he'd have to share the title with Dave. lol.

Vos is a cool guy, and I'm glad he made it this far. As for John, even though I've liked him since the beginning, I started to think he was overrated late last season. He didn't change my mind tonight.

Go Alonzo (and Dave)!!!
    Last edited by Ace2529; 10-06-2004 at 01:25 AM.
    Mystery of the Universe #3994 - Dat Phan winning LCS1.

FORT Newbie
    From season 2, I was so torn between Alonzo and John, but I ended up giving John my votes the on the last night. Now on LCS 3 I really thought Alonzo was my favorite, but tonight he just didn't have me laughing like he usually does. I thought Dave did an excellent job--until the bird/bug zapper joke (sorry, but as a person who works with abused animals, I can find no humor in those kinds of joke ). Overall I'd have to say that Alonzo did the best~but still not great--his Bush jokes sucked basically--so did the Kerry jokes, but the rest of his set was pretty good. I think Dave did almost as good as Alonzo, Rich was funny at times. I was a bit disappointed in John, he really didn't seem 'on' tonight.

If Alonzo wins, I'll be happy, if Dave wins I'll be fine too. I'd have to say those two deserve it the most.

Quote Originally Posted by IluvmyRott

If Alonzo wins, I'll be happy, if Dave wins I'll be fine too. I'd have to say those two deserve it the most.
    I agree, except I am more biased towards Dave, and I hope Dave wins, but either one of them winning would make me happy I am so glad the final four were Dave, Alonzo, John and Vos, anything else would have been simply wrong.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

+ Reply to Thread