+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 9/28 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

All that mattered in last nights show was that Dave went to final four
    The roast was ok, not excellent, just ok. Alonzo was good in his snarks, he can be nicely mean, but I think Gary gave Alonzo a run for his money and it is hard to say which one will go on. I am hoping Alonzo, although if I could choose any two of the six "roasters", I would choose Alonzo and Gary, they were just that much better than anyone else. From season one it will be Vos or Tess, Geoff just bombed. (I can not really tell which one was better, Vos or Tess, because my kids were screaming almost all of Vos's number, so I hardly heard any of it )

I don't know about the spit takes, but I got the feeling that it (the spitting water) was/is a traditional compliment amongst comics for a really funny joke, so Jay did the one delayed when he had a second thought that it was deserving a spit. I might be wrong, but that is what I thought.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

imho, Ralphie was robbed! I loved Alonzo and Tess (real dirty, chica!) and really enjoyed Gary, Todd, and Rich. I think some comedians have it and some don't. I don't think Geoff "gets" roasting.

fat jpkes are way too easy so they have to be out of the oark funny to get a laugh. Most of the comics werent very creative in that aspect.

Jay was the funnies raoster other than the dog. Overall I laughed during thos show more so than any other of this season.

Quote of he Year: If Vos was anymore rat faced, Dat Phan would eat him"

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Overall I think triumph the insult comic dog was the best of the night.

I don't like Rich, but unfortunately I don't Tess has enough fans behind her to make it through.

Not a good split. They took 2 out on each team last night. I wasn't expecting that. The last two in Season 1 should have been Dave and Ralphie and then in Season 2 should be John and Alonzo. They split the teams better in Season 2 but Season 1 you have to select next between Geoff, Tess, and Rich which are not as strong as Ralphie. I''ll go with Tess.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    I
    I just loved that Mordal and Heffron moved on. I thought Gary was the best tonight, if he and Vos move on next week I'll be one happy gal.

That's what I would love to see...Dave, Vos, Gary, and Heffron with Dave taking it all.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pudman13
    Speaking of drinking, what about Jay Mohr? I haven't seen anyone so obviously drunk on TV since the 70s and Match Game...
    At the end of the show, I kept thinking Jay looked drunk; I guess it wasn't just me who thought so. I was thinking how foolish it would be to be drunk when you have a gig like that.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Pea
    My breakdown:

I saw a friend online who went to the taping. Apparently, Ralphie was set off by Jeff (the emcee) making a joke about Ralphie's father. It probably wasn't intentional, but geez, his dad just died. Ralphie walked off and it took a while to get him back so they could finish. The whole taping took three hours. Apparently Kathleen was doing her Ralphie impression and Ralphie still was ticked off and railed at her. My friend was the one we heard screaming when Kathleen was eliminated.
    I guess that explains why Ralphie looked so sullen most of the time. Thanks for the info.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by yardbelly
    That's what I would love to see...Dave, Vos, Gary, and Heffron with Dave taking it all.
    does anyone really care at this point who wins? I'm bored with it. I only look at the message board to see who got eliminated.

FORT Fogey
    Seems to me Yardbelly does.
    And I want Dave to win too. Or Alonzo.

+ Reply to Thread