+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9/21 New Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Idol Fan

9/21 New Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I'm amazed no one started this yet! I think the drill goes something like - Remember to keep all show discussion here all evening!

Tonight's going to be tough for voting - only the top vote-getter from each team is going to move on! Three each will be performing, plus Carrot Top (ugh) and Louie Anderson. The rest will perform next week at a roast (where I'll finally get to hear Alonzo perform!)

What makes tonight really hard for me is that 3 comedians I like-love are competing: Kathleen Madigan, John Heffron, and perhaps my favorite, Jay London!

And now it's really getting tough for the Season I competitors: Ralphie May, who I never liked really delivered a hard-hitting set, and he's going against Dave M. & Dat Phan! Yikes. It's really tough now.

I agree, this is going to be a really tough night. I hope that John Heffron and Dave Mordal make it through!
    I guess I don't understand why they are having celebrity comics on

FORT Fan
    jesus, carrot top = steroids!
    Great site for results info:

www.wgvo.com

Idol Fan
    What's throwing me off is finding that 2 comics I don't usually like, I now would have to say were really funny tonight! I'm referring to Ralphie May & Carrot Top, of all people!

It sounded to me like Jay was telling us to vote for Season I or II, represented by Louie for I and Carrot Top for season II, in addition to making a choice among the 3 comedians from each team. Since I'm not sure, I'll make sure to get my votes for team members in first.

Ant's eliminated! How I wish way more it was Todd Glass!
    Sean Kent is going home, over Geoff? Poor choices, imo, even if I didn't love the remaining comedian, the other 2 were worse, for me.

whoohoo

johns set last week was IMO his best yet, even from last season..i was rolling and i love him. He's got that goofy sense of humor and i love that about him. I loathe ant and im not to surprised about sean....
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Yay, Dave's hair is back, and so is his confidence!

Idol Fan
    As much as I can enjoy John Heffron without him being my favorite, he was back, tonight, running on so fast it was all I could do to register separate words! Granted I liked his jokes, especially the adorable little boy deciding to be a pirate, but I wish he hadn't been so hyper and nervous and spoke less mumbled and sounding like he was in a race.

Practically all my votes tonight went to Jay London.

I happen to like Dave M.'s touch of current-topic humor, (I wish Kathleen had gone back to politics!) and I was amused by his bit on Toys for Tots; but I just don't find his delivery that funny. Ralphie, who, as I said, I normally don't like at all, I actually thought the funniest, hardest hitting, from his group tonight.

However, I really like Dat and enjoy him, so I gave him a few votes, while concentrating on Jay. Yet, if Dave stays I won't feel terrible.

I hope enough people love Jay, as I do, and he gets to stay. As much as I like Kathleen & John, Jay is definitely my fave. That is, until Alonzo comes along! Sure hope he really does it again, for the roast like he did the first time.

And I wonder where everyone is tonight? Do you all watch "Amazing Race" instead of talking about tonight's "Last Comic"???

I agree. I think I'm the only one watching and hope I'm the only one voting. With my 5 telephone lines, three separate computers and numerous cell phones - Dave's a given.

Actually, I think his hair was back, he got his own clothes back from Vos, thus his confidence is back and it was his best set (both delievery and material-wise) this season. Tonight was the first time I've heard him repeat a joke, tho.

Dat, on the other hand - every joke, every single, stinkin' joke, was a repeat. Does no one tell him this? Isn't it charted somewhere? I suspect they are even told in the same order. He is not a comic. He's cute and spunky, and sit-com funny, but not stand-up funny. So as far as Last Comic "Standing" - not Dat, again. While I'm on this rant, not Todd Glass either. Argh. Too many reasons to list, and they are all obvious anyway.

I love everything about Kathleen. Off hand, I think there are few female comics (as tho gender should matter) who are as good as she. is. Alonzo - an obvious pro, he has a career in comedy whether he wins this or not. Purely professional. Heffron, I agree needs to slow down. He has been picking up speed each time he performs, and loses something there. I think he and Dave are similar comics (story-tellers...), and I think Heffron should just take note of how Dave lets the audience - think about it for a minute. (does that make sense?) Hopefully, my bergillion votes for Dave will help. Go Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by yardgnome77
    I guess I don't understand why they are having celebrity comics on
    It seems to me Jay wants Season 1 to win, so they are bringing in some help for them. Why would they get Louie Anderson for team 1, and Carrot Top for season 2.

Carrot Top is not even a real stand-up comedian. :rolleyes He looked as freaky as Micheal Jackson. Surprisingly, I laughed at some of Freaky Top's props or whatever his routine is called. Louie was funny, too.

I thought John Heffron was the best, again. He does seem to be a little bit more rushed as the competition moves on, but I still find him funnier than the others.
    Dave Mordal was so much better than last week.
    Dat repeated most of his material.
    I laugh at racial jokes all the time, but I didn't find anything funny about Ralphie's stand-up. It was more like racial-labeling, imo. He also used the same opening line about the African-Americans. :rolleyes
    Kathleen's material was weak, and she still hasn't improved on her delivery. Jay is jay. I liked him at first, but I'm getting tired of his silly one-liners.

My votes went to John Heffron, Dave Mordal, and Carrot Top. I can't believe I voted for that freaky guy, but he did make me laugh more than Louie.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    I thought John Heffron was the best, again. He does seem to be a little bit more rushed as the competition moves on, but I still find him funnier than the others.

Dave Mordal was so much better than last week.

Kathleen's material was weak, and she still hasn't improved on her delivery.

Jay is jay. I liked him at first, but I'm getting tired of his silly one-liners.

My votes went to John Heffron, Dave Mordal, and Carrot Top. I can't believe I voted for that freaky guy, but he did make me laugh more than Louie.
    Heffron's material is great, but maybe he's starting to feel threatened or something, I don't know. I look back at the "kid dragging his feet at the mall" joke, and can't see him pulling that off now.

Dave's best set yet. 'nuf said.

I like Kathleen, but she is a little flat. (not that way....)

I agree, Jay is Jay. His "it's almost over" isn't working on me anymore.

I'm sticking with Dave. He really did deserve it, but...we'll see. Or I'll see since I'm the only one watching.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast