+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 9/14 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    I'm torn tonight, because I despise Tammy, but I love Rob. I am both sad and elated.

FORT Newbie
    F***ing bulls***... another week of crappy material from plus-size "comic" Tess.

I think a root canal would be less painful.

Idol Fan
    Overall, a disappointing night, especially compared to last week's show!

I liked John Heffron & Dat best tonight, followed by Kathleen, who really disappointed me in doing no political humor. Also, I thought she & Dave were close.

Really loathed Todd's plea for votes!

Yeay! Thank Goodness Jay is IN! He was last week's funniest! Go Jay!

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I called Rob... Tammy I was a little suprised by, but not really. Hopefully she isn't asking herself 'what the hell' as she walks out...

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Ralphie May ?

PSi
    i thought it'd be Tess and Tammy...but then again, Rob's material is...just bad.

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    Dave and Kathleen own this show.

Heffron does not amuse me. He just talks so fast and monotone...it's just so trivial, his material is. I am just not impressed by it.

I didn't mind Dat or Sean. Geoff's sat I found to be so bad I wanted to die. Todd wasted 30 seconds on that AWFUL crying crap.

I guess since the show has finished on the east coast I can post this now.
    I had a great time at the taping and would go again if I didn't start student teaching next week

The Show:

Shawn Kent - I found him funny enough to make me laugh but weak compared to the rest of the people who were on stage tonight. He had good material but not good enough. He was not the weakest of season one but because of his lack of fan base he should be the one to leave tonight.

He gets 5/10

John Hefferon - Up until tonight I had no idea how this guy managed to win LCS 2, and for the record I still think Alonzo is funnier, however today he made me laugh my behind off. Maybe he finally picked material that I can relate to being the youngest in all --- as well as the fact that I love to play with those door stoppers. Needless to say when he came I out I looked like Whatevia when he was done with the set I actually got up and applauded him.

He gets an 8/10 from me.

Todd Glass - now I did not watch Season 2 and I have to admit that he is really not my cup of tea. His ending of the routine had me laughing so hard though so I must give him credit for that. The audience loves him but I am still meh.

He gets 5/10 too

Geoff Brown - No way in hell did I expect Geoff to get the biggest laughs out of me of the whole show. His humour tonight is not going to be appreciated by all but I was rolling in my seat I was laughing so hard. He gained a new fan in me tonight and hope to hell they don't show me when he was on

He gets a 8/10 from me

Dat Phan - For those of you who do not know I think Dat is the funniest human being on the face of the earth :rolleyes I emailed him after the game of hide and seek season one and let him know that I thought he was the best on show and he actually emailed me back I was so exicted to get to see him finally live after I missed him at UCR because of my Camp Cherokee interview. Although his material was about race, what a shocker, it was at least new race material. When he came out I stood up and applauded for him, along with the 4 other people who love season one, and when he left I did the same

He gets 7/10 from me, cause although he is my fave, Geoff and John beat him tonight.

Ant - following Dat with Ant is . The guy is funny and yep he made me laugh but not in any league like the rest of seaon two did. Todd Glass even got me to laugh more.

He gets 4/10 for me

He will be staying I think as he has TONS of fans.

Dave Mordal - My second favourite to from season one and my second reason to ditch work today He was better than his last routine...the manic hair is gone thank god....but he was weak compared to others tonight. He will be fine as he has a cult like following but still I was dissapointed.

He gets 5 out of 10 from me

Kathleen Madigan - She was funny. I have to give her credit for being funnier than Todd Glass. I liked her set but it was nothing wow to me.

She gets 5/10 from me too
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Ok..sorry to disagree here..

but Dave Mordal was terrible tonight...the entire bit about the home improvement show was not funny at all....I did not laugh once

dat on the other hand I found laugh out loud hialrious. His poor white children was really funny...

Kathleen was also hilarious with her 900 year old woman bit and her hovering guardian angel joke...

And I am very happy Tess stays, but sad that Tammy is gone

So......here are my rankings

1. Kathleen
    2. Dat
    3. Geoff
    4. Todd
    5. John Heffron

GAP

6. Ant
    7. Dave Mordal
    8. Sean Kent

Oh yeah....at the end they had the audience vote for Season 1 or 2 on index cards and turn them in. I voted for Season 1

Dat's girlfriend was in the audience as was the significant other of Gary and John (can't remember but I believe they said one was a fiancee and the other was a wife). I didn't watch Season 2.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread