+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Fans

LCS Comic

Hi Fans

Hi there FORT members,
    just dropping you guys a line to say thanks for your interest in our little show and thanks to the folks who have had kind words to say about our performances so far.
    Remember though, these sets are only 2 minutes long. I encourage all of you to go out to a club and support live comedy because it's a whole different ballgame and much more fun than anything you'll see on network television.
    Also come by my website if you get a chance.
    It's got my schedule, bio, updates and a bunch of other navel-gazing crap.
    Thanks again and enjoy the show this Tuesday!
    Best,
    Sean Kent

Homepage is...

http://www.seankent.com

Need more audio clips so people can sample your comedy...

How is it that you are posting here...but right before taping started on LCS3, Ralphie said he would not be able to post here while the show was on?

Keith S. :{)>

Didn't Ralphie say that he'd have to clear it, not that he knew he couldn't do it?

If he's not back, I'm assuming it's because his mind's a bit preoccupied lately.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Hi there, Sean! I'm glad to see that you are doing well and feeling better. Good luck with the rest of season!

LCS Comic

audio clips

Need more audio clips so people can sample your comedy...

I took audio down for the run of the show. When you hear it on the show I want it to be fresh. I will have new audio clips available in November. Shortly after that I'll have a CD out.

Also, most of the audio was from a gig I did in March and since a lot of what I do is topical I feel like it's out of date.

Check out the backstage pix of me and Todd Glass.

Welcome, Sean. Good luck on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Kent (LCS)
    Remember though, these sets are only 2 minutes long. I encourage all of you to go out to a club and support live comedy because it's a whole different ballgame and much more fun than anything you'll see on network television.
    I have to agree with this. If there aren't any comedy clubs close by, people can also check out their local colleges. They often have up and comers perform that the public can attend.

The two-minute time limit is really cutting some of these comics off at the knees. I can't wait until enough people are eliminated that they can do longer sets.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I didn't watch LCS 1, so I'm not that familiar with you....sorry! But I read your essay, it's so insightful, and from the heart. I am rooting for you to win, just because of what you've been through. You are a winner.
    kitty-cats rule!

LCS Comic
    Quote Originally Posted by leeinsmyrna
    But I read your essay, it's so insightful, and from the heart. I am rooting for you to win, just because of what you've been through. You are a winner.
    Thanks so much for taking the time to read my essay!
    Hopefully I'll have a book out next year on the whole experience.
    There is sort of a void in terms of funny literature about being sick.
    So maybe I can help fill that void with something positive.
    I really try and share some of the emotions and experiences I went through during that year, really be sort of "naked" on the page, so it's nice when people enjoy it.
    Besides, if you can't laugh at stuff, it will crush your spirit.

Side-Note:

There's an organization I helped with the launch of called "choose to laugh"
    which is all about dealing with the big C through humor.
    Their website is can be linked through my site.

Best,
    Sean

"Amish In The City" JonasIsTheMan's Avatar
    Just wanna say, love watching you perform Sean. Great to see you are healthier and I wish you and your family the best. Love the "Who's the boss" joke. Made me laugh until I cried. Its great to see that people like you are out there to take out the time of their day to make the us (the public) smile and have a good time...MAY GOD BLESS YOU!

-thanks!
    "After all the backstabbing they've done, those PANSIES can't handle backstabbing themselves." - Jonas P. Kurtz

LCS Comic
    Love the "Who's the boss" joke. Made me laugh until I cried.

Thanks, Jonas. That joke came out of reality. The best - one of the best - parts of medical marijuana is it's ability to make bad TV interesting. Because when your'e not feeling good boredom is on of your biggest enemies.

Too bad they didn't give us longer sets. One of the downfalls of the show is having to cut bits short. I have about 4 or 5 taglines to that bit I had to leave out where I'm watching Tony Danza on TV and marvelling at not only his acting ability but the convoluted sexual dynamics of 80's television. Sounds dry, but I promise it's funny. Come to a club to see all my drug jokes - I have a lot. Write what you know they aleways say...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast