+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your favorites and why...?

FORT Newbie

Your favorites and why...?

I have four favorites, in order...
    1. Jay London - I love his appearance and his style... he's hot, too.
    2. Rich Vos/Dave Mardall - this is a tie because I love these two not only as individual comedians but as a pair also.
    3. Ralphie May - there's no other way to say it... he's just hilarious !

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    1. Dave. Of course. (I have to love him, I'm his official cyber-stalker)
    2. John. He's almost (very close actually) as funny as Dave.

We'll see.

Alonzo: Funny funny man
    Ralphie: Consistantly funny.
    Dat: While he doesn't always have the freshes material, he knows how to work a crowd.
    Mordal: also consistantly funny, in an antisocial way.

but maybe its just me....
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

I have 3....

1. Dat Phan - so shoot me....his humour and style appeals to me.

2. Rich Vos - he is like a male version of me....humour wise....and I dig that.

3. Dave Mordal - never fails to get laughs from me and seems to always come up with good material.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

What did you say, Simon? krstlfethr's Avatar
    1. Alonzo Bodden
    2. Kathleen Madigan
    3. John Heffron

I watched season 1...but lately they haven't been doing it for me. I've been particularly disappointed in Rich Vos, since I voted for him way back when...
    "[t]he soul is the effect and instrument of political anatomy: the soul is the prison of the body."
    -Foucault

1. John Heffron - His material is appealing and super funny to me. His energy is contagious, too.
    2. Alonzo - He has some wicked good material. He has shown he can do more than 'black' jokes, and he has lighten up a bit. He doesn't look that angry anymore.
    3. Rich - I just love his "stupid" jokes and his crabby style.
    4. Gary/Tammy - Sometimes they are good, other times they suck, but for the most part these two make me chuckle.
    5. Dave - He was really good in season 1, but so far, he has been flat. Last season, I loved his use of a wide variety of material. He was really funny in the house, too. Unless he makes me laugh this season, he won't get my votes.
    6. Dat - yep, I like Dat. :phhht He might not have the best material as the veterans, but he makes me chuckle. He also has tremendous energy and charisma onstage.
    7. Kathleen - She can sometimes have great material, but she's lacking in the delivery department. Still like her, though.

FORT Newbie
    1.)Dat - his jokes appeal to me also :phhht and hes a very likeable person. charismatic and knows how to work the crowd.
    2.)Alonzo - breaking out on his own and showing he can connect to the crowd with more than a "black" joke. hopes he stays on that path.
    3.)John Heffron - love the presence he has on stage.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    1.)Dat - his jokes appeal to me also :phhht and hes a very likeable person. charismatic and knows how to work the crowd.
    2.)Alonzo - breaking out on his own and showing he can connect to the crowd with more than a "black" joke. hopes he stays on that path.
    3.)John Heffron - love the presence he has on stage.

I totally agree Daniel and Wolf! God help me, I like Dat. Does that make me a bad person?

I am also liking Kathleen more and more. She is far too underrated amongst the big dawgs. She can hold her own and it's cool how she can joke about politics without sounding offensive.

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    ok...Lets do a top 6 for me...lol

1. Ralphie - fat and from the hood..you can't beat that...

2. Kathleen - because she is just so tiny and cute lol....but no, really, I find her hilarious.

3. Tess - shes big, bold,and funny!

4. Tammy - sher jokes about Donald and MJ were hilarious, and gotta lover her feisty jokes.

5. Geoff - the ketchup joke alone brought him up 3-5 notches in my book...

6. Rob - hustling plants/giving plastic fruit to a hobo - enough said

Everyone else is meh...

Alonzo is just NOT funny to me....Rich Vos is also NOT funny to me and he never has been....
    Last edited by Burntcrow; 09-09-2004 at 12:23 PM.

1. John- I am always able to to relate to his jokes and as others have said his energy really helps him become more lovable. Always will be my favoriate.
    2. Alonzo- Every show I am liking him more and more. Has the best writing skills of the bunch.
    3. Dave- Season 1 I really loved him, this season not so much. Like Wolf said on the upthread, his jokes so far have fallen flat for me. Hope he improves.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast