+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your favorites and why...?

I'm a big fan of Season 2 with a tailer in Season 1

#1 John Heffron - Most enjoyable and adorable to watch on stage. I love his references to our nostalgic past. It's like watching VH1's I love the 80's, but in comedy form. His presence just jumps out at me and says "I was the boy next door that you would played tag or hide and go seek with."

#2 Alonzo Bodden - Agree that he is the best writer. His material seems fresh with current news and common sense.

#3 Dave Mordal - His casual demeanor and witty insights to how our world operates makes me chuckle.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by candor
    John Heffron
    Rich Vos
    Alonzo Bodden

I had a mad crush on Dave Mordal until I saw him at a comedy club. His stuff this season is the same as his act, which seems to have been taken from a Rush Limbaugh show. He just rants about how stupid liberals are. That would be OK if the jokes were original and funny, but they're just witless and angry. Very disappointing.

What city did you see him in?

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by candor

I had a mad crush on Dave Mordal until I saw him at a comedy club. His stuff this season is the same as his act, which seems to have been taken from a Rush Limbaugh show. He just rants about how stupid liberals are. That would be OK if the jokes were original and funny, but they're just witless and angry. Very disappointing.

Gasp! Wha? I think Dave's story-telling style is great. That's really Dave you are watching when he performs. He gets behind a mic and tells stories (that happen to be hilarious, IMO), some true, some made-up. As we all know all too well, I spent some one-on-one time with him, and he was so funny. It was during the finals, and yeah, he grumbles about everything. Although I didn't notice any political leanings, but when in LA - well, I guess that's what you rely on for material. And I still adore him.

I made a point to see him when he was in Seattle because I was such a fan during LCS1. We had a thread on this. I loved his edge on the show, but in person, not so much.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Newbie
    I like the following three. I think any of the following 3 should win. Think they are good in different ways.

Ralphie - he is the most talented imo

Alonzo - has the right balance of talent and hard work

Dat - obviously works insanely hard on his routine

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    Gasp! Wha? I think Dave's story-telling style is great. That's really Dave you are watching when he performs. He gets behind a mic and tells stories (that happen to be hilarious, IMO), some true, some made-up. .

That's what I love about Dave.. his storytelling. And being a Minnesota native makes many of his stories that much funnier. Like the joke about hybrid cars, and having to decide between heat and forward motion ...... live though one MN winter and you'll appreciate that one !!!!!
    I still remember his bit about not robbing the local convenience store, because when the police came to get a description of the perpetrator, the store employee said "well, it was Dave Mordal.." Then later , Buddy Hackett asked if that was a true story, and up on the screen popped Dave's mug shot from Sherburne County... I still laugh every time I think about that joke..

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by northernMN
    I still remember his bit about not robbing the local convenience store, because when the police came to get a description of the perpetrator, the store employee said "well, it was Dave Mordal.." Then later , Buddy Hackett asked if that was a true story, and up on the screen popped Dave's mug shot from Sherburne County... I still laugh every time I think about that joke..

I swear I'm not being nit-picky here - but Dave said the town was so small that when the police asked about the perp, the attendant said "it was Dave." (didn't even need a last name - oh Dave, Dave.... ) That's one of my favorite stories, too.

FORT Newbie
    You are right.... I remember more clearly now.. it was just "Dave" that he said.
    Oh well, my error.... as I get older, the data in the ol' databanks is starting to get corrupted...I seem to forget more and more each year

I have waited a little bit to post in this thread because I didn't watch season 1 and I wanted to know the comics from that season a bit more.

With that being said, I can say that my favorites are:

John Heffron: his energy is what makes him so great.
    Alonzo: he is consistent and his sets make me come back for more.
    Kathleen: She's not necessarily "laughing out loud" funny but she has something special.
    Dave: simply the man.

FORT Fan
    This season I have not found Dave Mordal to be even remotely funny. I didnt even smile at his last set.

Geoff Brown has improved drastically over his season one performances. Dat was very good last week...I actually voted for him. John Heffron is constiently good. I like Kathleen but I cannot always understand whats she's saying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast