+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NBC dropped the ball with LCS3 for me.

FORT Regular
    I also disappointed with this show.

It feels like it was just thrown together. Doesn't take much thought to have the same content week after week (nor take up any cash). If I wanted to see stand-up I would go out to a club to watch it. On T.V. I want to be entertained. That is why I loved the house section of the show and the competitions. Maybe it is a way to get the comics more face time show so that they will become better known. I doubt that is the intention of Jay Mohr and gang. Jay probably just wants any face time he can get, because he hasn't put out anything of substance recently. His attempt at humour is painful to watch.

If they wanted a competition of the best vs. the best it should be between Dat and John, because they won their respective competitions. I don't see how everyone else is able to get a second chance. Well I guess it was a good thing, because I don't think either of them were the funniest in their respective houses, but that is only my opinion.

FORT Regular
    Oh and I just found out that Carrot Top and Louie Anderson did sets on the show (since I have stopped watching it I don't know what their sets where like). Two perfomers at the top of there game. Carrot Top is doing phone commericals and I am suprised to hear Louie is still alive. Sorry Louie!!! I still think your T.V. show Life With Louie (if I remember correctly) rocked.

Why can't they get good stand up comics like Denis Leary or George Carlin to show the Last Comic Standing contestants how it is really done.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by sour_dude
    I also disappointed with this show.

It feels like it was just thrown together. Doesn't take much thought to have the same content week after week (nor take up any cash). If I wanted to see stand-up I would go out to a club to watch it. On T.V. I want to be entertained. That is why I loved the house section of the show and the competitions. Maybe it is a way to get the comics more face time show so that they will become better known. I doubt that is the intention of Jay Mohr and gang. Jay probably just wants any face time he can get, because he hasn't put out anything of substance recently. His attempt at humour is painful to watch.

If they wanted a competition of the best vs. the best it should be between Dat and John, because they won their respective competitions. I don't see how everyone else is able to get a second chance. Well I guess it was a good thing, because I don't think either of them were the funniest in their respective houses, but that is only my opinion.

I'd like to see more of the "house" interaction as well. It seems, however, that for the first two seasons there were several people on and off the fort complaining they didn't get to see enough standup. You can't please all the people....

I will defend Jay Mohr all day long. I guess he's an "either you get him or you don't" kinda guy. And by the snide remarks he makes about himself and the show prove he gets it. As for face time - Jay is the executive producer of the show, it's basically his baby.

I don't think a John v. Dat would be a best v. best showdown. Most people think/know that Mordal should have won season one, and he deserves a second chance. In some ways, we all deserve a second chance. Besides, it's not the only thing on tv.

I now log in for the last couple of minutes only to see who is being booted or up for vote.

FORT Regular
    Me too, the show has jumped the shark and for me I am glad its over.

ralphie

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie May
    Me too, the show has jumped the shark and for me I am glad its over.

ralphie
    What?! Does this mean that Ralphie is out?

FORT Fogey
    I no longer watch the show. I do look here occasionally and try to figure out who has been cut.

Unfortunately, other shows are better than this one and are much more "Must See TV" so... What can I say? There is nothing on this show to make you want to tune in the next week.

FORT Fogey
    Me too - I haven't even checked who's been booted, and clicked in this thread to see what others thought.

FORT Regular
    the only saving grace is that Dat Phan's 15 minutes are finally over.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123