+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NBC dropped the ball with LCS3 for me.

FORT Fan
    I have a feeling as well that it will be harder for Season 1 to win anything, as Season 2 is fresh on most people's minds...................

Quote Originally Posted by december12
    I have a feeling as well that it will be harder for Season 1 to win anything, as Season 2 is fresh on most people's minds...................
    i think Season 2 is winning more of the $50K prizes simply because they have been collectively FUNNIER than Season 1 has been.

I really disagree that the fact that S2 is fresh in our minds makes any difference. C'mon -- you guys have been talking about mordal, Vos & Ralphie as if they are GODS, but they simply haven't been packing the same entertainment punch as Season 2.
    I fully expect things to start to change once some of the hacks have been cast off of each team.
    JMHO ...

Quote Originally Posted by getreal
    i think Season 2 is winning more of the $50K prizes simply because they have been collectively FUNNIER than Season 1 has been.

I really disagree that the fact that S2 is fresh in our minds makes any difference. C'mon -- you guys have been talking about mordal, Vos & Ralphie as if they are GODS, but they simply haven't been packing the same entertainment punch as Season 2.
    Thank yoooou for saying exactly what I was thinking.
    Season 2 cast has been so much funnier than Season 1, and that's why they are winning so far.

I like Rich, Dave, and Rob (he WAS funny last season) but so far, they haven't brough' it. I kind of felt embarrassed for them. People want to like them so bad, but unless they are funny, I won't vote for them on reputation alone. Dave especially needs to step it up, or he'll be gone soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Thank yoooou for saying exactly what I was thinking.
    Season 2 cast has been so much funnier than Season 1, and that's why they are winning so far.

I like Rich, Dave, and Rob (he WAS funny last season) but so far, they haven't brough' it. I kind of felt embarrassed for them. People want to like them so bad, but unless they are funny, I won't vote for them on reputation alone. Dave especially needs to step it up, or he'll be gone soon.
    Loved Season 1, Season 2 eh (the world's most boring house), I am loving this. Season 2 is going to win because they have Alonzo. Period. He is bringing it. I think he is getting funnier every week, plus he's obviously writing material and using it almost immediately.

I agree with being let down as well, but it has more to do with the fact that I'm a reality junkie....not a showcase showdown junkie.

I enjoyed watching the interaction with the comics in the house and not just their already scripted performances. I think it made the difference in the voting in both seasons.

Also, once again, the word "funny" is relative. I think Season 1 blows Season 2 out of the water as far as my idea of "funny" goes and I think they are getting the short end of the stick like Krom pointed out.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

FORT Regular
    I think part of the problem is that both seasons have their people that simply are outclassed by the rest, and in the respective seasons, you didn't have to see them ALL, almost every week. Now we do (at least every other week).

Second is the fact that especially in Season 2 with the "controversy" regarding the auditions/finals in Las Vegas, the producers made it very clear that they were NOT necessarily looking for the funniest people, but rather the people they thought would be most interesting for the house. When making those choices, they admitted that it meant sometimes disregarding who was funnier, and instead going with who they thought would make for a more interesting story (which, in Season 2, didn't necessarily happen, but that was the intent). This was probably done in Season 1 too, but not nearly to as great an extent.

But now, all those people that were chosen more for "house-ability" than comedy are back, and there IS no story, and everyone has to live or die based on their act, which for many of these people, is not the greatest.

T.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV
    I agree with being let down as well, but it has more to do with the fact that I'm a reality junkie....not a showcase showdown junkie.

I enjoyed watching the interaction with the comics in the house and not just their already scripted performances. I think it made the difference in the voting in both seasons.

Also, once again, the word "funny" is relative. I think Season 1 blows Season 2 out of the water as far as my idea of "funny" goes ...

I can see that same sentiment in the faces of season 1's comics. Oh well, they do get room and board, plus air time. I also think Dave might have been given his own stylist. I love Dave, I adore Dave, I'd bear his children if he'd only have me, but I think I love the "old" Dave more. I hope he steers clear of the tanning bed.

However, as far as I understand it, we are voting for the "funniest comic in America" or whatever they are calling it this week. The competition has nothing to do with anything off-stage, does it? The "entertainment" is better when shown in seasons 1's and 2's styles, but weren't we all complaining last year that we wanted more stand-up?
    Last edited by J.D.; 09-11-2004 at 06:43 AM.

I like watching stand up, but I do wish there was a little more of some sort of interaction between the comics.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I have pretty much given up on this show completely. I tried watching the show on my DVR (Digital Video Recorder - like a TIVO). At first, I watched the show by skipping all the commercials and the boring stuff from Jay Mohr. It is so boring that the last two episodes, I've just watched the beginning to see which team won, and then skipped to the end to see who is kicked off. It's nice because it takes about 5 minutes to watch the show.

I think for this show to be successful, it needs to have the folks in the house.
    Last edited by cwipperman; 09-24-2004 at 03:43 AM.

Totally off the subject but......

DVR blows Tivo out of the water.

***Ginger loves her DVR***
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast