+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 8/31 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

LG.
    Mordal mentioned on a local radio show a couple months back that he actually did a tv special about worst drivers (he did the voice-over announcing), but it didn't air when it was scheduled and never make it back to the light of day. I don't remember if it was for NBC (I think so, even though the concept sounds a lot like more like FOX), but I'll bet that Dave ends up with some TV appearances, because FORT ladies are the only ones who know how damn hot and funny Dave is.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I saw one promo for that, LG. It was on FOX, I think. Like he said, though, it never aired. I didn't think it sounded like it would showcase his talents very well, though. I think he would do better in a sitcome-type atmosphere.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Did you mean "are" or "aren't" the only ones, LG?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Idol Fan
    Well, I may not share the majority opinion, but here's my take on tonight, which I thought did not have half the humor last night's group had:

1. Tere Joyce - cute, mildly amusing;
    2. Jay London - still love him, enjoyed his jokes, very amusing;

3. Rob C. - missionary jokes cute and funny, bombed the rest of it;
    4. Corey H. - Not funny and tired of same old-same old from him;

5. Dat Phan - very cute, funny, enjoyed the Kerry jokes;
    6. Gary G. - So-so, never a fan of his, tonight he didn't do his best at all, imo;

7. Geoff B. - Opening joke very funny, the rest, blah, angry energy, nothing great;
    8. Kathleen M. - Excellent! Very astute, liked her tonight best from her so far;

9. Sean K. - Pretty funny;
    10. Ant - He's been funnier, didn't we hear his boy scout jokes before? Fairly funny, though.

Summing up, no one blew me away at all tonight, like Alonzo shone last night. I think he is why the better, funnier comics from last night on Season I's team didn't pull in the prize. I'm really, really glad Jessica was the one booted off Team II, but sorry not to get to hear more of Cory from last night, she was pretty amusing.

Tonight, Jay, Kathleen and maybe Dat or Sean will be the only ones to get my vote. I'm shocked and disappointed no one was really, truly terrific tonight. Even people I don't like, who can be funny, like Gary bombed tonight - I thought #3 & #4 were terrible. I'll be curious to see who gets the boot tonight. My pick would be Corey H. and Rob C.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Corey and Jessica gone. Not very surprised, not surprised at all. Jessica should have definitely been out this week, no matter which group she was in. Corey... while she might not have been the best of the night, the five people in that group were the five people that really should have been the top 5 in season 1. I would have much rather seen anyone else from season 1 (except maybe Geoff) go before any of these 5. So, while I thought that Corey (or Tess, for that matter) should have left this week, I didn't believe that either of them were the worst of the 10 people in their house. Jessica was the worst, so it wasn't too hard to say goodbye to her.

LG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    Did you mean "are" or "aren't" the only ones, LG?
    ooops, I meant aren't. Dave was on the cover of Minneapolis / St. Paul magazine last fall and earned himself some female admirers who had never even heard of LCS (if you can believe such people exist).
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fan
    Does anyone got the voting numbers????? Please I didnt get to write them down, lots of interuptions.

FORT Newbie
    I am actually surprised that America voted the right way. Corey and Jessica deserved to go, and Team 2 deserved the money.

No one was tremendously hilarious tonight, but overall, they were better than expected. Tere was less annoying than before, but I still find her kind of humour to be pretty stupid. Jay's one liners weren't bad, but his gimmick is getter really old. Self-depreciation doesn't work when everyone is laughing at his jokes. Rob wasn't bad, but he was nothing great. He is not as quirky or interesting as in LCS1. Corey had a decent set, although he covered nothing new. Dat had the same old same old. His new material was mediocre, and he should be voted out just for reusing that one joke. Gary had some random topics, but I still find his style and material fairly funny. Geoff was better than expected, but that's not saying much. Kathleen has some solid material, but her delivery made it a bit dry. Sean was also average. Ant once again used the same gay topic, and it wasn't too funny.

The weakest comics would have to be Tere (followed closely by Dat) and Ant (although Jay London had better come up with something new soon). The strongest was Gary Gulman (he wasn't up against much). Team 2 should once again win the money, but just barely edging out this time.
    Last edited by FringeFan; 08-31-2004 at 11:23 PM.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Hmm, Gary wasn't funny at all
    geoff was bold and succeeded
    Sean was better than average
    Ant doing gay humor isn't shocking- he's gay. Evaluating the material, I see it as a decent set that made me chuckle.

The strongest was Gary? puke:

Boy, people have different senses of humor........

Now I know why LCS2 comics picked Jessica. It was a strategy. They picked the weakest of the choicest (admit it Jessica really doesn't have any material but just make ugly faces and annoying gestures/noises). So obviously, she's out first.

+ Reply to Thread