+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tonights Elimination

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    For some...apparently, not for all. Alonzo and Dave Mordal had me laughing within the first minute.

I was left wishing I could have heard more from Cory and Rich Vos, they seemed potentially funny but kind of ran out of time.

I figure Jessica is gone from LCS2. The LCS1 group, I'm not sure. I missed Tess's set so can't comment on her. From what I have seen of her, it wouldn't break my heart to see her go.
    I Laughed heartily at Mordal and Voss, I laughed a bit at Alonzo, and Ralphie got a few laughs from me, but made me feel bad for laughing.

everyone else? :phhht :rolleyes
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    Personally I found the 2 minute format hard to get into.... Is it possible to be funny in two minutes?
    Sort of (Alonzo was funny) but it's not possible to tell who's actually funniest.
    I think a two minute format stinks...

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBravo
    Season 1 picked the 3 funniest people (for the off chance one would be eliminated) and the two worst (so they would win the overall vote for the money). Also a good strategy.
    Two worst? they didn't pick Ant!!!

I think that Jessica will be gone. Not only because she totally stunk the place up, but also because the audience doesn't really *know* her since she wasn't reall *in* Season 2. From season 1, it's a tough call, but I think that Tess might be gone. I like her, but it wouldn't be a *major* loss, ya know?

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pudman13
    Two worst? they didn't pick Ant!!!
    Most of them are actually frineds with Ant (as sad as that may seem). At least we didn't have to hear that nasal whine last night.

unce,tice,fee tinesa mady strawberieblond's Avatar
    Eliminations.....please please please Jessica and either Tess or Corey.
    Cake or Death?

I'm thinking Tess and Jessica will be gone after tonight. Or at least I'm hoping...

For me the only ones to make me laugh out loud were Alonzo and Dave. Alonzo was easily the best of the night.

Worst of the night ... Cory Kahaney and Ralphie May (old jokes) -- truly sorry for your loss Ralphie, and I hope to see you again as the show plows along and your spirits improve. You did your Dad proud. I expect Cory Kahaney and Jessica Kirson to be eliminated tonight, and the $50K to go to the Season 2 team.

FORT Newbie
    I don't see how Jessica could survive the vote. FIrst, she was painfully unfunny (I know it's been said before, but ugly faces do not equal funny). Second, by being new she hasn't built up any good will with the audience. We're able to forgive Vos for an average routine because we got to know him and see how funny he can be. From Season One, I'd say Cory was the weakest, though no one from that group other than Mordal impressed me at all last night. Don't know why they seemed so weak. Nerves, problems inherent in the two minute format, or simply lack of new material?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    I Laughed heartily at Mordal and Voss, I laughed a bit at Alonzo, and Ralphie got a few laughs from me, but made me feel bad for laughing.

everyone else? :phhht :rolleyes
    My Gawd!! Did I change my screen name and type this in my sleep???!!??? Entirely my thoughts!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12