+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jay Mohr-Host

Jay Mohr-Host

Jay Mohr is a quadruple threat. Film, television, radio and stand-up are all among the treasures in the bag of tricks he's been working on throughout the 13-year career he began as a teenager.
    He has worked with superstars, holding his own with Tom Cruise in "Jerry Maguire" and most recently in the upcoming "Simone" with Al Pacino and Winona Ryder, "Pluto Nash" with Eddie Murphy and "Speaking of Sex" with Bill Murray. On television, Mohr recently starred as Peter Dragon in the critically acclaimed Fox series, "Action" and has made guest appearances on "Fastlane."

He often guest hosts Premiere Radio's "Jim Rome Show," the number one syndicated sports radio program in the country. He is a regular guest on the nationally syndicated "Opie and Anthony Show" out of New York, and on L.A.'s number one morning show, KROQ's "Kevin and Bean."

For his stand-up performances, Mohr sells out theaters, clubs and colleges all over the country, earning standing ovations for his keen observations on the world and the people who live in it.

The multi-talented Mohr had his breakthrough role as a rival agent to Cruise in the blockbuster hit "Jerry Maguire," and followed up in a touching good-guy turn opposite Jennifer Aniston in "Picture Perfect." He starred in Doug Liman's critically adored "Go" and most recently in "Pay It Forward" with Kevin Spacey and Helen Hunt. His other film credits include "Playing By Heart," "Suicide Kings" and "Small Soldiers."

Mohr first wowed audiences as a regular on Saturday Night Live with his dead-on impressions of Christopher Walken, Rikki Lake, Dick Vitale and Sean Penn. From there the New Jersey boy made his move on Hollywood.

His work last year as host of Fox's, "NFL This Morning" and narrator of "Beyond the Glory" now leads to "Mohr Sports," a weekly comedy/music/sports talk hour which premiered April 2, 2002 on ESPN.

Mohr, his wife and their baby reside in Los Angeles, CA.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Just popping in before the Jay-bashing begins.

I really like him. I loved "Action."

*running away now*
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

His sets are not funny!
    Kami and Karli from AR3

"We need to fly to Kenya Africa"

Go Chip and Kim!!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by AmazingRaceMan
    His sets are not funny!
    No, his hosting which is scripted and apporved by NBC is not funny. Jay Mohr live in a comedy club is actually very funny. Don't confuse the two.

I just want them to stop making him tell "jokes".

That's all.

He is a pretty face, with thinning hair. That's all I want to see of him.

Thank you.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

I want to jump in here as well before the Jay bashing begins. I like Jay Mohr. Last Comic Standing was his brainchild and I guess people can love him or hate him, but because of his concept, we all are getting the chance to see some great and not so great comics. We are getting the chance to see some comics that we may have not seen before and debate who we like and dislike. Jay Mohr is the reason there is a Last Comis Standing in the first place, and I think he deserves credit for that.
    In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
    Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Jay

I love Jay too. Sure his NBC jokes fail sometimes -- that's part of the charm. I saw him on Leno a few weeks back and I was laughing out loud in bed. He's smart and funny and we all have him to thank for this show. He brought Dave Mordal into our living rooms -- I'll love him forever for that one.

Let me do my Vos impression:

"He... stinks!"

Okay, joking aside. As I admitted late last season I rather like Mohr in other venues. But network TV just kills him.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Jay Mohr's "My Turn" one-hour special shown on Comedy Central (frequently) makes me laugh so hard I cry every time. IMO he never fails to entertain. click click

Quote Originally Posted by bkm1966
    He brought Dave Mordal into our living rooms -- I'll love him forever for that one.
    Amen. My only gripe with Jay Mohr is that he should have gotten someone who can be funny in a network setting to host the show. His humor is cut off at the knees by NBC and it leaves him looking awkward and uncertain.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast