+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jay London-Season 2

Jay London-Season 2

Jay London
    Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
    Season: 2
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Jay London was great last night.
    I loved his set.
    He sort of grows on you and as the weeks go by I find myself liking him more and more.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Curly_Hair
    Jay London was great last night.
    I loved his set.
    He sort of grows on you and as the weeks go by I find myself liking him more and more.
    His stuff was a little better last night, but I have the opposite reaction to him... the more I see of him, the more I feel like I've heard it all before. His whole "thank you" and "it's almost over, miss" gets really, really old fast. I'm hoping Tammy goes home, but it may be Jay.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    I would think this has been said before about Jay, so here's another vote.

I think he'd be much better off cutting out the nonsensical asides in between jokes. It throws the rhythm of his routine off, and usually brings us back to how pathetic his appearance is. The rapid fire approach might make his shtick palatable.

I like him more and more each time I see him.

FORT Newbie
    I have to agree with how tired his act is. His one liners are usually not funny and his attempt to make you feel sorry for him, reinforces how pathetic he is. I was surprised when he made it on the show and I can't believe he's still on season 3. Whoever is voting for him, STOP!

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    I would think this has been said before about Jay, so here's another vote.

I think he'd be much better off cutting out the nonsensical asides in between jokes. It throws the rhythm of his routine off, and usually brings us back to how pathetic his appearance is. The rapid fire approach might make his shtick palatable.

I think that's the only stuff that makes his act an "act" and not just some dude telling cheesy puns.

I saw a piece of paper attached to a pole on Sunset Blvd in Hollywood the other day promoting an upcoming Jay London club appearance. Someone walked up behind me and said, "Good lord is he unfunny," sparking a conversation. Disliking Jay brings people together.

+ Reply to Thread