+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ralphie May-Season 1

FORT Regular
    Ralphie had nothing to prove on this show. I've totally lost interest. They should not have brought season 1 & 2 back. This show has jumped the shark. NBC should have waited next year to bring in a fresh new batch of comics, rather than slap together a contest with the same winners and losers.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyBravo
    That was established during the first season of Last Comic Standing. Many of the other comics on that show post here (like Sean Kent) as well, and I'm sure that some are lurking around.
    Thanks, Matty!

FORT Fan
    Hey, no problem. Just note that he is not able to comment on anything happening on the show while the show is airing so you may not get an answer to your question anytime soon. He responded to the joke copying comment earlier, but that is because they were trying to run down his name and it really had nothing to do with the show.

Actually, Ralphie HAS commented on the show while it's airing. Just sayin'.

http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...n/post_old.gif

I feel like I'm picking on him. I'm not, I just feel let down. I've heard some great stuff from him. I guess my expectations were too high. None of the comics on LCS are big enough stars to sneer at the show...if I was a performer I'd be damned grateful for the opportunity and the exposure.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Regular
    Everyone thinks it's easy to crank out new material. People don't realize how hard it is to craft new jokes. This show has consumed everyone's act like Big Macs and has burned out everyone's material, from Dat to even very prolific ones like Kathleen. Watch "Comedian" with Jerry Seinfeld, and watch the most recognizable comic struggle coming up with new material, bombing worse than Ant. Seinfeld once said, "it takes 5 years to have 5 good minutes."
    Last edited by olympus; 09-29-2004 at 03:31 PM.

FORT Regular
    To the Fans of Last Comic.

Recently, some of you have read an article that attributes quotes to me and the general gist of the article is that I hate Last Comic and I am "biting the hand that fed me".

Nothing could be further from the truth. The reporter who is credited with the article, didn't actually write what was sent over the AP wire. His original article was quite different but his editor changed the copy to garner headlines and make news. The reporter said he is sending me the original article and he is also writing a retraction, that I am sure will receive no press.

For the record, I was taken out of context, misquoted and I personally feel raped, I never said, meant, or believe the disrespectful, ungrateful message of the article.

Believe or don't. I came and wrote this not because I am trying to win you over, merely to set the record straight.

Ralphie May

Thanks for telling us your side, Ralphie. I can't imagine what it would be like to have to analyze everything you say to avoid the risk of being misinterpreted or exploited. Best of luck with the retraction.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    Thanks for telling us your side, Ralphie. I can't imagine what it would be like to have to analyze everything you say to avoid the risk of being misinterpreted or exploited. Best of luck with the retraction.
    Ditto to above. The press and reality shows are great at manipulating people and editing out of context. I mean, they edited Dat Phan to make him look funny & you know how that turned out. :phhht Have you ever seen him live? :phhht x 2. Nothing's wrong with saying the show jumped the shark. It has. No one is watching it, the ratings are low. Real low.

At least Dat Phan was exposed for the hack that he is. Lowest votes out of the three... you know that has to be so psychologically damaging to him, b/c his whole success is based on him "winning" this "contest."
    Last edited by olympus; 10-05-2004 at 02:26 AM.

Thanks for letting us know that, Ralphie. When I read the aforementioned article, I had a feeling it was a bit off-kilter, since you don't quite strike me as a generally "bitter" man. Let us know what happens with the retraction! Best of luck in all you do....

FORT Fogey
    Thanks Ralphie. I can't imagine anyone (including Bonnie McFarland) would bite this hand. LCS has given every single one of these comics greater exposure, and isn't that what every performer wants.

I think Ralphie kinda grew on me, although I have to say his performance voice and his rapid speak make it hard for those of us with hearing losses to sometimes understand him...

Glad Ralphie beat Dat this time.

And my (late) sympathies to you and your family, Ralphie.

+ Reply to Thread