+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ralphie May-Season 1

Here, and I always thought Ralphie was best known for humor-he is in my book. He is my Last Comic Standing!
    I don't believe any comic who stole their material would last long in this business, let alone on last comic standing. Just my humble opinion.

FORT Fan
    Well, out of all the comics this week - Ralphie was the funniest, and he got all my votes........I can't believe all the garbage that goes on back and forth though, it's comedy - it's supposed to be funny, so just enjoy it for what it's worth!
    Now people are getting all bent out of shape over Ralphie's set this week - you know, I like Alonzo, I think he's funny, but he doesn't exactly paint such a great picture of white people (or young gymnists) in his sets, but no one goes ape s***t over that, do they? And Dat Phan can make fun of his mother to no end in a voice that I'm sure would be considered disrespectful if anyone other then he did it, but that's okay too......

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by december12
    ...I can't believe all the garbage that goes on . . . Now people are getting all bent out of shape over Ralphie's set this week - you know, I like Alonzo, I think he's funny, but he doesn't exactly paint such a great picture of white people (or young gymnists) in his sets, but no one goes ape s***t over that, do they? And Dat Phan can make fun of his mother to no end in a voice that I'm sure would be considered disrespectful if anyone other then he did it, but that's okay too......
    december, I edited a bit of your post for the sake of time and space, not content.

Okay, I'll bite. Big surprise. What do you mean by "all the garbage"? Do you mean on the fort or on the show? From my understanding, the so-called garbage here on the fort is, for the most part, opinions and banter. Doesn't the fort allow us, and encourage us, to share our opinions regarding Reality TV? As far as your defense of Ralphie - fine - share your opinion. But if Ralphie upsets someone, isn't that person entitled to voice that opinion here? Even if that opinion is a mere emoticon or smilie? Just an example of an opinion.

Alonzo wasn't making fun of "white people (or young gymnists [sic])", he was making a joke about himself. There's the difference.

I'm going to defend Dat Phan (which goes completely against everything I hold dear). He's not being "racist", he's talking about his own mother - and is apparently hoping that mocking his mother's a voice to the so-called joke will make it funny. I don't think the kid is funny, at the same time, I don't find him racist for using his mom as material.

Am I "racist" (or whatever the word-of-the-day is) if I choose to tell a story about my own mom in a little grandma voice? Are all the little grandmas, or anyone else for that matter, going to go ape s**t over that? I hope not, I've never been able to outrun those little "rascal" carts.
    Last edited by J.D.; 09-24-2004 at 01:10 AM.

FORT Fan
    Well, first of all, I started a sentence without really finishing it, which was my fault - the "garbage" that goes on wasn't about people's opinions, believe me - I love the fact that people have them and want to give them as strongly as they do, it makes life a lot more fun. What I actually meant to say there was I was iritated with people who get on these things and say things that aren't true, for whatever reason, only to say way later that they were wrong, it isn't true. If you don't know what you are talking about, then don't! I don't think that people should be using the forum to start lies...........So, that was the garbage......
    Now, for the other issue of Ralphie May, Alonzo and Dat Phan. Dat Phan does make fun of Asians - so people will say it's okay because he is. It's not that he is making fun of his mother, he is making fun of the fact that his mother is Asian, that's just a little different then telling a story in a little "mom" voice. Fine......Alonzo (who, by they way, I do find funny and very talented) does tend to be harsh with white people - off the top of my head "why do you think Tiger hits the ball so far"..........granted, Ralphie was more direct with it.....and people have the right to be offended by it.....I just wanted to make the point that a lot of the comics do it, or have done it, not just one comic in particular, but it seems to me to be about what's more socially acceptable.
    And again, I want to make the most important point of this clear - nothing about what I said was to put anyone else down for their feelings, or their opinions......and I'm sorry if that's how it came across.

FORT Fan
    Hey, sorry to see Ralphie go...Maybe you can come to the Improv in Tampa one day and hook it up...I looked at your schedule, you've got time!!

Anyway, that Vos joke about getting the kitchen stapled was great...but I thought he was going to pull and Jay London and repeat himself..."I said if Ralphie ever wins the money he's going to get his kitchen stapled...you'll get it tomorrow"

Man, the crowd was dead.

I'll miss the Ralphie jokes...I still crack up about the four fat guys in the car making the lowrider and the one guy dropping his snickers bar. HILARIOUS!!!

I think Ralphie killed! He is innovative and edgy and off the wall. I still think he is THE LAST COMIC STANDING! I don't remember hearing any of that material before. (Ralphie, continue to do your thing and I hope to see you if you're ever in my neck of the woods. You have a way about you that makes me laugh! Thank you. Also, did you have plastic surgery? You seem to be growing younger. What's your secret?)

I thought Ralphie was horrid last night. What a sore loser!

FORT Newbie

Ralphie?

Hey, there, new to this thread.
    Have we established that the Ralphie posting here is, indeed, the 'one'?

FORT Fan
    That was established during the first season of Last Comic Standing. Many of the other comics on that show post here (like Sean Kent) as well, and I'm sure that some are lurking around.

FORT Newbie

Question for Ralphie

Enjoyed you on the show! Sorry to see you go!
    Any chance you could tell us what you said to John Heffron at the end of the show? I heard 'Please' but could not make out the rest.
    Care to share?

+ Reply to Thread