+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ralphie May-Season 1

FORT Fan
    My heart and prayers are with Ralphie and his family.
    Stay strong.

FORT Fan
    i feel bad for ralphie.
    he's a good comedian, and it is obviously a hard time for him to be dealing with this.

but there are still gonna be people wondering if the people giving ralphie his sympathy votes are the same people complaining about dat getting the sympathy votes in lcs1??? like he got a free pass on not using up any new material when everyone else had to. maybe he would be getting less hassle if he had told two of his dad's favorite jokes that he had written, like the jizzac in the beox and the one about being from da hood.....either way, too petty to make a big deal out of it in the end.

it is cool that his father came to see him in a new light after lcs1 and appreciated ralphie and his desire to be a comedian more.

/nothing but best wishes for ralphie and his family
    /expecting ralphie and mordal to be the last two standing for season 1

Okay, maybe I'm a bad person. I feel really bad for Ralphie but at the same time I'm thinking: if his Dad was as big as he is, maybe that has something to do with his death. It could be extra hard for Ralphie to deal with for that reason. I'm happy that Ralphie is comfortable with his own body, but he is obese and that is dangerous. It does seem like he has lost some weight since LCS1 and I applaud him for it.

Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    Okay, maybe I'm a bad person. I feel really bad for Ralphie but at the same time I'm thinking: if his Dad was as big as he is, maybe that has something to do with his death. .
    HE said his dad died of cancer. I doubt there is a connection. Didn't Ralphie say he got so big after a serious accident of some kind?

Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    Okay, maybe I'm a bad person. I feel really bad for Ralphie but at the same time I'm thinking: if his Dad was as big as he is, maybe that has something to do with his death. It could be extra hard for Ralphie to deal with for that reason. I'm happy that Ralphie is comfortable with his own body, but he is obese and that is dangerous. It does seem like he has lost some weight since LCS1 and I applaud him for it.
    Ralphie's Dad died of cancer. He mentioned that in his set. I for one am glad he made it through this round. I watched season 1 and thought he was by far the funniest. Plus I live in the Houston area his homeotwn and I have heard him several times on the radio here. He truly is a wonderful comic, and my prayers are with his family.
    I love my three pit bulls, Zed, June bug and Harley!

Quote Originally Posted by tgrimes29
    Ralphie's Dad died of cancer. He mentioned that in his set. I for one am glad he made it through this round. I watched season 1 and thought he was by far the funniest. Plus I live in the Houston area his homeotwn and I have heard him several times on the radio here. He truly is a wonderful comic, and my prayers are with his family.
    I also think he is good, and I feel bad for him. I hope Sean Kent can talk to him and share his thoughts about cancer. I'm sure it helps to talk to someone who have been there themselves.

Ralphie does not look like he has lost weight to me....Ireally think he needs to though as he sounds like he is constantly out of breath. Not a good sign.....

FORT Fan
    I feel really bad for Ralphie but at the same time I'm thinking: if his Dad was as big as he is, maybe that has something to do with his death. It could be extra hard for Ralphie to deal with for that reason. I'm happy that Ralphie is comfortable with his own body, but he is obese and that is dangerous. It does seem like he has lost some weight since LCS1 and I applaud him for it.
    According to his webiste, Ralphie was in a car accident at 16 and that began his weight gain. He topped out at 800 pounds. He had stomach stapling surgery and is down to 400. Recently, he had another, more extreme, gastric bypass operation and is losing weight again with a target weight of 200 lbs. So he isn't entirely comfortable with his body (though he is comfortable with himself) and he is doing something about it. He says he doesn't want to lose weight because society judges him, he wants to lose weight to be able to do more things, like riding a bike, with his girlfriend.
    And in an interview with Las Vegas Review Journal he said about his second surgery aand his weight:
    "I've asked my girlfriend to marry me every month for nearly five years. But it wasn't fair," he says. "It was kind of selfish, because I'm asking her to make a lifelong commitment to me and I'm not making a lifelong commitment to her because my life wouldn't be that long."

I say more power to him. Good luck guy.

Ralphie, what courage and determination you showed by performing under some of the worst circumstances there could be in your personal life. As well as the others here, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones in this sad time.

I was cryring and laughing at the same time. I certainly hope he gets to go home for the funeral.

+ Reply to Thread