+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ralphie May-Season 1

the first thing I said to my husband was "he won't be eliminated", but now that I see what is written here I wonder. I am sure that he has fans who will vote for him and that he is not looking for sympathy but... I would feel really badly if he went because everyone thought he would get lots of votes.
    Is probably over in the transcribing thread for Big Brother til death do us part.

"I don't trust that girl with a ten foot pole." - Annie
    Whhhhaaaaat? LMAO

I know Ralphie posts on here sometime....so if you're reading this Ralphie, my prayers are with you.
    kitty-cats rule!

Sending out good thoughts and prayers for Ralphie May and his family.

Even in the worst of situations, you still brought the funny.

FORT Newbie
    God bless the May family right now...for him to go out and do his Dad's favorite jokes was a absolutely awesome tribue to his Dad.

R.I.P. Winston May. My prayers are with your family

FORT Newbie
    When Ralphie first started his set... I thought it was all a joke. If anyone saw Joe Schmoe 2, they spoofed Survivor by having one of the housemates act like their grandfather die. I kept waiting for the punchline, and hoping that Ralphie would snap out of it. But , it didn't happen. I watched last night's episode again, and saw how sad he was throughout the whole show. Now I belive he was for real. I really feel bad for Ralphie, and I hope he gets through it.

When I saw Ralphie last night I had a feeling something was terribly wrong...he looked more angry/withdrawn than he used to- ya know?? Does that make any sense. My heart breaks for him...just wish I coulda given him a huge hug.

(((((RALPHIE))))))
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

FORT Newbie
    I didn't think Ralphie was faking or playing for sympathy -- Ralphie is just too good and would never have to worry about being eliminated early. I thought he handled the situation well. I blame Johnny Fairplay for planting the seed of doubt in some reality tv viewers.

The more I think about it, the more I want to remove "funny under the circumstances" from my posts about him last night. Heartbreaking or not, his jokes were funny. There's no "under the circumstances" about it.

Also, except for a 5 second period where I thought he might be pulling an Andy Kaufman type thing, I didn't doubt his seriousness. He's a smart and prideful man and knows he doesn't need fake sympathy to win anything, so I knew instantly that's not what it's about.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Burn This
    I blame Johnny Fairplay for planting the seed of doubt in some reality tv viewers.
    I agree. Most people would have the decency not to joke about the death of a loved one. Damn that Johnny Fairlplay!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Resident Anime Robot Griffin11287's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baembrey
    When Ralphie first started his set... I thought it was all a joke. If anyone saw Joe Schmoe 2, they spoofed Survivor by having one of the housemates act like their grandfather die. I kept waiting for the punchline, and hoping that Ralphie would snap out of it. But , it didn't happen. I watched last night's episode again, and saw how sad he was throughout the whole show. Now I belive he was for real. I really feel bad for Ralphie, and I hope he gets through it.

*starts Ralphie chant*

+ Reply to Thread