+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Dave Mordal-Season 1

FORT Fan
    I'm going to lose all faith in both comedy and America if either Dave or Ralphie doesn't win this thing.

Resident Anime Robot Griffin11287's Avatar
    Mordal=OWNAGE. 'Nuff said. "It comes from MAGIC!" ROFL!

JD! You bad thing! We wanna hear aaaalllllll about this...now is not the time to be coy. Details, please!
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    JD! You bad thing! We wanna hear aaaalllllll about this...
    Um, no we don't...really, that's OK...
    Last edited by lobeck; 09-01-2004 at 11:44 AM.

FORT Fogey
    Definately a Dave fan here too. I have read here and on other boards that some spilt their votes, giving one to John or Alonzo and two for Dave. ACK!

Dave is getting all of mine. And I love the new hair.

I'm Glad everyone likes Dave!

Hey Ladies, I am excited that everyone likes Dave. Hopefully that means he will have a good chance at going far. Just so everyone knows, he treats EVERYONE the same way. Short and sweet. He is definately a man of very few words. He is my cousin, so it is fun to see someone I am related to go far on national T.V. We went down to Elk River last June (during the first season) and I got to meet him (again). He is my mother's cousin's son (more of an extended relative so that is why we don't see much of him). While we were there he spent time sitting around with all of us as everyone chatted. He truly didn't have a whole lot to say. He is, frankly, kind of embarassed by this whole FAME thing. By the time we went down there he already knew the outcome of the show (that he didn't get much further) but obviously couldn't say anything. I think he felt bad that he couldn't say anything cuz everyone was gushing about how well he was doing. Especially his mother. We went out to eat at Perkin's and some people came up and commented, "Well here is the "famous" one." He really didn't like that and all the attention. He said he did the show to be able to get more $ for his stand up and be able to buy more toys for him and his son. But anyway, I have emailed a few times since and he responds to me, but not with any more length than what you are all talking about. Let's Cheer Dave on, even if he doesn't want to win, WE WANT HIM TOO!

Thanks for the inside scoop, walleyequeen. He does seem to be a tremendous guy who's very down to earth.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Screw Cookie boy. Dave's more clever than lame Oreo and Fig Newton jokes.
    C'mon Krom. You know I wasn't comparing their comedy. Dave's the king, hands down. I just thought it was funny that some of the ladies who were swooning over Gary last season (myself included) have migrated over to the Dave Mordal Love Thread.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Newbie
    I'm new to this board and wanted to leave a few comments about Dave,
    as per his short emails.. last season after he was eliminated, my 9yr old son sent him an email (my son thinks he could be a stand up comic some day and asked Dave for advice). Dave replied that same day, not with a few words, but with a very nice message, giving my son a few tips.. even commented that he "knew how busy 9 yr olds are". It meant so much to my son.
    We will be voting for Dave to go all the way this time... and not just because we live in MN.

Aw. That is the sweetest story, northern. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread