+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dat Phan-Season 1

Dat Phan-Season 1

Dat Phan
    Hometown: San Diego, CA
    Season: 1
    Last edited by Stargazer; 08-31-2004 at 12:10 PM.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Dat is sp funny!!!!!
    he needs to come up with some non asian jokes though
    Kami and Karli from AR3

"We need to fly to Kenya Africa"

Go Chip and Kim!!

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I really really hopes Dat comes out with new material. I've already memorized his current set-- all five minutes of it. I love the guy, and wish all the best to him, but if he wants to be taken seriously as a comedian, then he needs to stop bs'ing the audience-- maybe even take a little breather from the show altogether. I just can't stand to see him get out there with so much energy, and repeat stuff. It's embarassing.

Dat, I'm begging you. Don't think you are obligated to fill up the time. If you have nothing new to add, just stop. The mortal combat bit is killing me.

I like Dat, I rooted for him last year..probably because he seemed to put more energy into the whole thing.

Since this isn't really a "who is funnier" contest and more of a popularity contest, chances are...he won't win again.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV
    I like Dat, I rooted for him last year..probably because he seemed to put more energy into the whole thing.

Since this isn't really a "who is funnier" contest and more of a popularity contest, chances are...he won't win again.
    He didn't win the first time because he was funniest either... if it had truly been about who was funniest Dave Mordal would have taken season 1

Dat joke about Mother, not funny. Neither is dat joke about racism, or dat one about karate. But dat's the whole act.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Dat joke about Mother, not funny. Neither is dat joke about racism, or dat one about karate. But dat's the whole act.

His jokes are old but I still find him entertaining.

FORT Newbie
    I didn't get his opening. "I've had a great year. There's a lot of racism out there." Huh? Wins for most imappropriate non sequitur. Hated the old jokes from last year, but when he switched to the political humor, I thought he was pretty funny. Any one notice how anal he is, though, constantly checking his watch near the end of the set. To me, very distracting.

FORT Fan
    I agree. His stage presence has not improved at all.

Dat sucks!

Sorry, but I have felt very strongly about this since the first season. He is just NOT naturally funny (hence all the time he had to spend meditating, rehearsing and re-rehearsing the same 5-minute routine...ech). I saw him on Comedy Central, and he told ALL the same jokes, THEN, he re-told them the other night on LCS.

ech...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast