+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dat Phan-Season 1

I think Dat seemed pretty good yesterday too, and I hadn't actually heard the jokes he used before. He also was funny without resorting to the crude sexual/toilet humor that most comics find essential to their acts when they start running out of material. Props to Dat for a good set.

Quote Originally Posted by Dealwiddit
    He also was funny without resorting to the crude sexual/toilet humor that most comics find essential to their acts when they start running out of material.
    Well, usually he resorts instead to implying that most of the world (including, most prominently, a lot of his viewers) are ignorant racists.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I say give the kid some credit for trying something new this week. He was all giddy about trying the new stuff. Some may have flown, but not all. Remember, he is stepping out of his comfort zone of old jokes.

Good Job this week.

FORT Newbie

great set DAT

i thought the guy was hilarious this week. the kid in arm joke was great. he was probably the best comedian this week. and JLuvsAHarlemm, you are completely correct with your comment. people either connect or dont connect. I definitely connected with him. major props to DAT
    Last edited by Daniel; 09-17-2004 at 03:22 AM. Reason: new

FORT Newbie
    think dat is one of those really hard working comedians. Think jerry seinfield and Jay Leno are just like him. I bet they all have all file cabinets full of statistical analysis of their jokes.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by tkguy
    think dat is one of those really hard working comedians. Think jerry seinfield and Jay Leno are just like him. I bet they all have all file cabinets full of statistical analysis of their jokes.
    Are you guys all watching the same show I am?? This kid sucks...

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene
    Are you guys all watching the same show I am?? This kid sucks...
    to YOU he sucks. many others, including me, think hes great. as somebody already said, comedy is subjective. different folks, different strokes. and tkguy, i agree, its amazing how they can keep statistical analysis of their jokes. its a true display of dedication to their craft. hard work pays off and its been seen with those people you mentioned and Dat

FORT Newbie
    I like Dat myself, and prefer his relatively 'clean' comedy. Gotta say though that he needs to keep trying new material though. Last episode was refreshing, I think he will move on next week with little problem.

i absolutely hated dat season 1.

but dat was rather funny this set. loved the joke about the tables being turned and featuring white kids on those save the children features. oh and saving the kid from cambodia... only to be brought back to cambodia.

FORT Regular
    Finally Dat Phan is exposed for the hack that he is. Lowest votes out of the three... you know that has to be so psychologically damaging to him, b/c his whole success is based on him "winning" this "contest."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast