+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Somewhere There's A Carnival Just Running Itself: Possib.LCS3 head-to-heads&conflicts

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie May
    dvm

None of lcs1 is under contract anymore. LCS2 is still bound but there is some talk that some won't return. As far as I know all of my house is returning, if someone from LCS2 isn't going to return then NBC said that the remaining teammates can pick from people that were in the semis. But they also said that the replacement would have to be the same sex, like if a woman doesn't want to move on then the replacement would also have to be a woman. This is just speculation and they will only do that if all ten from LCS2 don't want to participate. I hope that clears it up a little.

I don't have much time to answer questions as soon as NBC clears my stipulations of my contract I won't be able to talk here.

Ralphie May
    Thanks, Ralphie.

Mordal is doing the damn show. He couldn't give a flying flip over NBC stopping his collum, he was relieved.

There will be no "house" junk. Just LCS1 vs LCS2, and we pick the people we are going to go up against kinda like Red Rover with jokes. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't lose the first couple of rounds, but trust me we are going to hold our own. I think you guys are going to be the real winners cause you get new standup in primetime every week.

Ralphie May
    That's about how I saw it, actually. My guess was that he'd be annoyed at NBC about what a bunch of stuffed shirts they are, but it wouldn't stop him from going back.

As for the lack of house junk? I'm overjoyed. I mean, this is a show about comedy, not a damn house. Some of the house segments (let's be honest... only the season 1 house) were enjoyable, but the standup was better. Always. And JUST looking at the standup gives a MUCH better idea of who's funnier. That's part of why Ralphie got screwed--people saw the antics in the house and voted with their pity for Dat instead of with talent.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Here's hoping that there will be only stand-up and little house activity. With One exception: a big bathtub scene w/Rich, Dave, Ralphie, Ant, Todd, and Gary! I get to be the bubble bath!!

FORT Newbie
    dvm

I don't have much time to answer questions as soon as NBC clears my stipulations of my contract I won't be able to talk here.

Ralphie May
    Thanks for the info, Ralphie. Good luck, and have fun!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartyRules
    I am one dumb bunny here and do not know what happened with Dave M and NBC. Anyone want to spill ?? However, he is back for season three.
    I saw Dave at a club last month, and he definitely said that he was in LCS3. (In fact, this was before we even knew that there was going to be an LCS3...so this was great news all around.)

He also mentioned that he and Vos had talked with NBC after LCS1 and tried to come up with show ideas, but that they weren't able to come up with any ideas that were good enough (even in *their* minds...let alone in the execs minds). It sounded sorta like they just had some brainstorming sessions, but couldn't come up with anything suitable for a regular, recurring show. I don't know if that's what you were asking about or not, SpartyRules. If you were asking about what happened between Dave and NBC w.r.t. the anti-Ant stuff, then I have no idea...He didn't mention it, and I didn't know anything about it until reading this board.

A couple other recollections from his show:
    1) He's got a lot of material. I only remember him repeating maybe 3 or 4 things from LCS1 (the "power goes out" routine, "don't rob a store in a town where everyone knows you", and "the special people short-bus his dad got when he was a kid" spring to mind). Most of his set was new (to me, at least).
    2) He was very relaxed and interacted a lot with the audience. He even spent a good third of his time asking us if there were any particular subjects he'd like us to hear him tell jokes about...again, implying that he had a lot of material (and also that he's quick-witted).
    3) He talked briefly about Dat. (When he asked us for subjects to talk about and tell jokes about, someone said "Dat!") He was actually kind of complementary of Dat. He said something to the effect that Dat deserves some respect, because he does a pretty high-energy show, and that takes talent (of some sort, I guess). I got the impression that Dave didn't really care for Dat's type of humor, and I think that he agreed that the Vietnamese-accent thing (and otherwise repeating the same material over and over again) gets old quickly. But, he didn't really joke about Dat like he could have.

Anyhow, I have high hopes for Dave's chances in LCS3.

or another game of Hide and Seek, really lose Dat this time. funniest thing i've ever seen

best of luck Ralphie, you should have won the first one

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    Last I heard, Bonnie isn't going to be doing the show. As Ralphie stated (thanks Ralphie), the LCS2 people had to vote for a woman to replace her, and they chose... Jessica Kirson. It seemed like she got along with the housemates, and all, but judging by this forum alone, she was not well received at all. So, to put it simply... If Jessica is on, she's toast.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

It seems like there is a direct line from VH1 to LCS2 - I saw Jessica (I call her Jessica "cause we're pals...not) doing one making fun of fashion. (? hardly think that's her forte but whatever)
    Anyway, I am predicting that LCS1 wins - because the comics on that season ALWAYS wanted to perform.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Sorry for your loss, Ralphie. Great job tonight.
    Last edited by J.D.; 08-31-2004 at 01:13 AM. Reason: wasn't sure where to put this message....

Ralphie, having also lost my most cherished, loving father to cancer, I share in your loss. Your tribute was phenomenal. It touched me deeply. Your apparent heartache was exceeded not only by your obvious love, but by your incredible courage and fortitude. It brought me to tears. I think your Dad would be so proud of you. And his favorite joke will, I'm sure, become the favorite of many, many others. I thank him, and you, for the smiles through the tears.

As a side note, I don't really recall my father ever telling me a joke, as such, but he had a quirky sense of humor. He loved crossword puzzles, and I remember once as he was awaiting his kemo treatment he asked the receptionist if he could borrow something to write with to work on a crossword puzzle he found in a magazine in the waiting room. She asked him if he wanted a pen or if he would prefer a pencil. He replied, "I'll take the pen...I'm an optimist." (I loved that).

Another time, when the doctor came into the waiting room and told my Dad that he was ready for him to come in for a procedure on a brain tumor they had found, my father said in a very serious, almost angry tone, "My wife thinks you're an idiot." The doctor, looking very ruffled and uncomfortable, said, "Excuse me?" My sister and I felt sick, thinking my father had gone over the deep end, and began cringing and squirming uncomfortably in our seats. My father repeated what he had said. The doctor, somewhat dumbfounded and trying desperately to retain his composure, asked in voice meant to mask his intimidation, "Why is that?" My dad softened somewhat, looked the doctor straight in the eye and said, "My wife thinks you're an idiot, because all these years she's been telling me I have no brains, and now you're trying to say I have a brain tumor." Everyone in the room who had been sitting there frozen, poised for some kind of massive brawl, broke into smiles and giggles of amusement and relief. But that was just my Dad...
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123