+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Somewhere There's A Carnival Just Running Itself: Possib.LCS3 head-to-heads&conflicts

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    You mean because of the disgraceful way NBC treated him after his anti-Ant column?

Lawyers talk though. His contract with them (plus of course who turns down more exposure?) ensured that. And his VERY visible presense of the LCS3 commercials (even though it's in a clip from LC1) promises his presence, right?
    Sorry, Krom, I hate to bring back disagreements, however....

No, I don't mean because of the disgraceful way NBC treated him after his anti-Ant column. I mean because of the whole concept. The incident regarding the anti-Ant column wasn't the first time NBC treated him disgracefully. He had fun with season one, but why risk another potential ego-smashing? The bathtub scene would be a tough act to follow.

Don't get me started on the legal ramifications of either party breaking the contract. I also don't believe Dave would involve himself in something like that. He's not Hollywood - he's Minnesota.

And no, being in the commercials does not ensure his presence. I don't follow your train of thought on that one.

I only repeat what I hear first-hand, so if Dave is on LCS3, I'll admit defeat and gracefully bow out.

I don't think it matters if Dave is Hollywood OR Minnesota. Presumably he had to sign a contract to get on the first show, and usually those things bind you for a period of years, or several sequels. His own intentions would take a back seat to his own management team holding up the contract and telling him "you get sued if you renege." And speaking of his own morality and values, I think that would also bind him to fulfill a contract--whether he likes or regrets it or not.

And I think the commercial does promise him. Of ALL of the people who could have given a punchline for LCS3 they chose his clip. To me, that indicates that logically NBC didn't think they'd be embarassed by someone featured in a commercial refusing to show, and also it indicates that they recognize a viewer interest in him. It strongly implies that whatever talk they had to have with him has already happened.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I am one dumb bunny here and do not know what happened with Dave M and NBC. Anyone want to spill ?? However, he is back for season three.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    I don't think it matters if Dave is Hollywood OR Minnesota. Presumably he had to sign a contract to get on the first show, and usually those things bind you for a period of years, or several sequels. His own intentions would take a back seat to his own management team holding up the contract and telling him "you get sued if you renege." And speaking of his own morality and values, I think that would also bind him to fulfill a contract--whether he likes or regrets it or not.

And I think the commercial does promise him. Of ALL of the people who could have given a punchline for LCS3 they chose his clip. To me, that indicates that logically NBC didn't think they'd be embarassed by someone featured in a commercial refusing to show, and also it indicates that they recognize a viewer interest in him. It strongly implies that whatever talk they had to have with him has already happened.
    How can one rely on the "presumptions" of the provisions a contract, and the "speculations" of Dave's morals and values, especially when that contract was "presumably" signed before the first episode of the first show was even broadcast? Especially regarding sequels. The same goes for the length of the contract. The show was not a guaranteed hit.

The fact that talks have already taken place and current contracts are in place is a given. I look forward to season 3, and I do hope Dave comes back (as has been stated by SpartyRules).

I'd love to admit defeat on this subject and bow out - it's a small price to pay to get another season with Dave Mordal.

FORT Regular
    Mordal is doing the damn show. He couldn't give a flying flip over NBC stopping his collum, he was relieved.

There will be no "house" junk. Just LCS1 vs LCS2, and we pick the people we are going to go up against kinda like Red Rover with jokes. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't lose the first couple of rounds, but trust me we are going to hold our own. I think you guys are going to be the real winners cause you get new standup in primetime every week.

Ralphie May

FORT Fan
    sweeeeeet

LG.
    Red Rover, Red Rover, send Dat over. . .

Red Rover, Red Rover, send Bonnie over . . .

Yeah, I can see that being interesting because both seasons' have seen each others' material, but how do they determine which person will go head to head with the Red Rover contestant of the week? Very interesting. Thanks.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

lol @ red rver. That was a fun game. If they pair any men against any of the women watch out anyone on LCS2 will take out any of the women on LCS1. I just didnt think they were that funny.

Its gonna boil down to which heavy hitter gets upset by a comic that nobody expects. I say Gulman upsets one of the heavy hitters from Season 1.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie May
    Mordal is doing the damn show. He couldn't give a flying flip over NBC stopping his collum, he was relieved.

There will be no "house" junk. Just LCS1 vs LCS2, and we pick the people we are going to go up against kinda like Red Rover with jokes. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't lose the first couple of rounds, but trust me we are going to hold our own. I think you guys are going to be the real winners cause you get new standup in primetime every week.

Ralphie May
    at the red rover analogy

Did you guys get a say as to whether you wanted to be on the show or not this time? Or were you bound by contract?

Thanks!

FORT Regular
    dvm

None of lcs1 is under contract anymore. LCS2 is still bound but there is some talk that some won't return. As far as I know all of my house is returning, if someone from LCS2 isn't going to return then NBC said that the remaining teammates can pick from people that were in the semis. But they also said that the replacement would have to be the same sex, like if a woman doesn't want to move on then the replacement would also have to be a woman. This is just speculation and they will only do that if all ten from LCS2 don't want to participate. I hope that clears it up a little.

I don't have much time to answer questions as soon as NBC clears my stipulations of my contract I won't be able to talk here.

Ralphie May

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast