+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Heffron on Jay Leno

FORT Newbie

John Heffron on Jay Leno

John is on Jay Leno tonight, and as of now he hasn't gone yet, but has been mentioned a couple times... However, I'm nearly certain that Jay missaid his name. Something like "John Heller." He announced him right before a commercial break, and will probably be corrected by the next time he mentions him...

I guess this thread can be to talk about his set on the tonight show also.

edit: his set was entirely old material.

That's depressing.

I hope his 30 minute comedy special has new things. :phhht

Even in his interview with Leno, he told some of his old jokes... he loses points with me tonight.
    Last edited by Maxsayssticks; 08-14-2004 at 01:35 AM.

While he used old jokes I think thats because look how much material he had to use on that show. He probably used much of it up. He did 2 H2H, Final 6 competition, Final 6 results show, Final 3 competition and Final 3 results show. Plus the stuff he did say was some of his best stuff. Some people who didn't watch LCS but watch Leno wouldn't know the difference. Plus he has a new competition to prepare for that is coming up in 3 weeks, so I give him alot of slack. I loved the stripper joke he did, even though I knew the punchline, I spit out my drink when he said he told his wife that he was going to paint churches.

You could tell he more nervous than usual. But I thought he did really well. He told Leno about how he cheated and saw Jay's card that had who was the winner. He saw 2 F's and didn't know if that meant he won or not. So he had to act surprised. He also said that he forgot his dress shoes and Leno offered him his shoes but John didn't like them said they were too pointy.

Oh how I love John Heffron! Can't wait to see him Monday on Regis and Kelly.

Rab
    Well he talked about:

Having a baby at an old age.
    Laundry on the staircase (which was also on the LCS finale btw).
    Women and men don't see eye to eye.

And some other stuff I've forgotten.

Oh well it was the good stuff.

he didn't come off very well ... his set was recycled, funny, but lots of people have heard all those jokes in very recent memory, but still pretty entertaining (though I agree that he has had lots of times to perform on air and he has told a lot of stuff, and did pick some pretty good material).

I though he sucked on the couch though, came off as forced, yet prepared, but no quick witty stuff, just setting up some other jokes that seemed way overset (and the audience was pretty dead too.)

my 2

I just watched the recording of the show and man, did he come off nervous! I understand the fact that he used all the stuff we heard on the comp. Has to save some new stuff for the LCS3 comp. He seemed really rushed. It's a good thing he didn't perform like that during the competition.

Still love him, though!

Thanks

I am a bug that holds JH's ear and want to thank you all for posting your honest opinions, informative insights and point blank views. It's always good to hear what people have to say. Pool the information, formulate a view, and try to predict what America will do.

He was nervous. It's a memory overload that happens within an hour of getting approval from all departments.

Believe it or not, not everone watches LCS and although I hate to admit it, he has to repeat material on Regis & Kelly, The Howard Stern Show. (Monday Morning 7:30am) and Fox News.

He is elated that his win happened on Thursday and wants to continue to maintain his current audience and gain new ones thru other mediums. To do that, he has to re-use old material to gain the new crowd. It won you over the first time you heard it, didn't it?

Once again, Thank you for supporting or not supporting the LCS show and John Heffron. You are all the best.

I'll definately watch him on Regis & Kelly. Heffron's not as bad as Dat, who's been using the same material for a year. He'll deliver...he's just that good.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

FORT Newbie

I was glad to see Heffron win!

Unlike most of you, I just got to see the finale tonight, a couple hours ago, and I was really glad to see Heffron win.

I personally liked Heffron better because he was a clean guy. I mean, he did not make use of dirty jokes, his material was truly funny.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahgirl
    You could tell he more nervous than usual. But I thought he did really well. He told Leno about how he cheated and saw Jay's card that had who was the winner. He saw 2 F's and didn't know if that meant he won or not. So he had to act surprised. .
    The acting wasn't that good. Whats wrong with Jay Mohr? He acted like he was having a spasm. Hell, Im surprised viewers at home couldn't see the name on the card.

Quote Originally Posted by RRRjsmy
    I am a bug that holds JH's ear and want to thank you all for posting your honest opinions, informative insights and point blank views. It's always good to hear what people have to say. Pool the information, formulate a view, and try to predict what America will do.

He was nervous. It's a memory overload that happens within an hour of getting approval from all departments.

Believe it or not, not everone watches LCS and although I hate to admit it, he has to repeat material on Regis & Kelly, The Howard Stern Show. (Monday Morning 7:30am) and Fox News.

He is elated that his win happened on Thursday and wants to continue to maintain his current audience and gain new ones thru other mediums. To do that, he has to re-use old material to gain the new crowd. It won you over the first time you heard it, didn't it?

Once again, Thank you for supporting or not supporting the LCS show and John Heffron. You are all the best.
    As a person who has had to deal with "approval committees" from networks and other organizations, I can relate that it can be a real pain in the ass when you are not a big name to really get what you want out of them. But rest assured, it does not matter that JH has to repeat his material - just tell him to take a deep breath and calmly do what he always does best...be himself. This was some of the best advice given to me......

And always remember no matter what he can always come home.....and put scotch tape on the cats paws.... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

For everyone else there is Redbull and vicoden.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast