+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not Able to Vote

FORT Newbie

Not Able to Vote

Last Comic Standing 2

All of the last 3 were super, but I wished to vote for Gary Gulman as I thought he could be another Red Skelton. The super comic who did not need to use SHOCK words or sex themes. I have nothing against sex themes, but family comedy is welcome!

I was able to get 3 votes in on the web. All my attempts to call 1-866-funny92 3 times were all met with busy signals at all hours.

Was this a fair vote or jammed in the electronic world or other?

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Well I wasn't able to get my 3 phone votes in for Alonzo. Circuits were busy for three tries, when I got through on #4 it said I had used up my alloted calls, ...but hey what can you do?
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

I think it was a fair vote. If the phone lines were the only voting option and they were jammed the whole time (ala AI2) the turnout would simply reflect the capacity of the phone system. But, with the internet voting, many people can vote for the same person at one time and still get through.

So let's say they all got the same amount of phone votes. Then the outcome relies on the internet voting (and the text messaging which I doubt very many people used). You can actually get a more accurate vote count with the internet voting because the votes all go through and you do not get a busy signal.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    I agree it was fair, about as fair as it can be. I'm not displeased with the winner. Any of them would have been better than last year's winner.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

I can honestly say that I would not have been disappointed about any of the final three winnning. I thought they all deserved to be in the top three and I would have been upset if anyone other than those three made it to the finals.

+ Reply to Thread