+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ralphie and Dat..is it just me?

FORT Newbie

Ralphie and Dat..is it just me?

Okay, I didn't watch LCS last year so tonight was the first night I saw both Ralphie and Dat perform and I barely laughed at either one! So did they have an off night last night? Between the two I definitely liked Dat's material better~~which isn't saying much, but it seemed to me that this years contestants were MUCH better. I thought John, Alonzo and Gary are all MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better than Dat or Ralphie.

If I were in Italy Italian Idol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IluvmyRott
    Okay, I didn't watch LCS last year so tonight was the first night I saw both Ralphie and Dat perform and I barely laughed at either one! So did they have an off night last night? Between the two I definitely liked Dat's material better~~which isn't saying much, but it seemed to me that this years contestants were MUCH better. I thought John, Alonzo and Gary are all MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better than Dat or Ralphie.
    You should have stopped at "I didn't watch LCS last year" because had you heard any of the final 5 from last year including Dave Mordal you'll realize that it will be a good show coming on the next LCS.

Ralphie used some of last years material as did Dat. Ralphies whole opener with the Da Hood has been done during last years comps. Dat's last joke with the standing at the urinal was also done during last years comps one too many times. The thing about Dat is everything (much like Ant's act) has to do with one stereotype!

Nuff said!!
    "I come from humble grounds. I was never spoiled, so I know how to appreciate things given to me"

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Idol
    Ralphie used some of last years material as did Dat. Ralphies whole opener with the Da Hood has been done during last years comps
    I still giggle whenever Ralphie does his "Jizack in the Biox" skit. It's overused but still funny to me.

I thought the final three of this years LCS was very good, but I also think there was more "depth" in the final 10 of last years.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

FORT Newbie
    I was just wondering if the contestants were very good last year, this is why I asked the question to begin with. I did notice that Dat's routine dealt mostly with sterotypes---it got old fast! And Ralphie's Da Hood routine... well I live in middle class America so perhaps I just can't connect with his routine, but both my hubby and I thought he was terrible.

I was just asking a question---sorry if I hit a sore spot with anyone!

If I were in Italy Italian Idol's Avatar
    I was just wondering if the contestants were very good last year, this is why I asked the question to begin with. I did notice that Dat's routine dealt mostly with sterotypes---it got old fast! And Ralphie's Da Hood routine... well I live in middle class America so perhaps I just can't connect with his routine, but both my hubby and I thought he was terrible.

I was just asking a question---sorry if I hit a sore spot with anyone!
    Oh, not at all. You didn't hit a sore spot!

I understand that before you present your material it has to be cleared with the network and since NBC wouldn't clear Ralphie's new material he had to fall back on the routine that he delivered. Dat's excuse is that he has no new material.

My opinion is that of last season's comics I liked Rich, Ralphie, Dave, Cory, Tess and Rob. This year I liked John, Alonzo, Todd, Jay, and well that's about it. I haven't been able to see what everyone is talking about when they say that Kathleen is good. Tammy got old after a while. Her stuff is still good.
    "I come from humble grounds. I was never spoiled, so I know how to appreciate things given to me"

FORT Newbie
    Okay, thanks. I'll be looking forward to hearing some from the first group! I really enjoyed watching LCS this time, and wished I had watched the first time around. My favorites this year were, John, Alonzo, Gary, and believe it or not Todd Glass, sometimes I thought Tammy and Kathleen were funny, but I did think Kathleen was better and more orginial between the two.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I'm kinda with you Iluvmyrott. I thought both performers had an off night. Ralphie to me is the better writer, while Dat is a better performer.

FORT Fanatic
    I understand that the network told them what material they wanted them to use. At least, that's what Ralphie May said happened with him.

I LOVED his joke about making a pearl

Of course their material was recycled. They are saving their best for the next season.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    I have to add my two cents worth. I was excited to learn that Ralphie would be on-he was my favorite comic last year but was a little disappointed to hear pretty much the same-old same-old. Maybe he's holding onto his new stuff for the next rounds. Also, has he lost weight? For some reason I thought he looked slimmer. Dat's material also was a little "worn". I'm looking forward to their house-a LOT more interesting than this year's house. Maybe Ant and Tammy will be able to butt heads w/Dave and Rich. That would be something to look forward to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast