+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 8/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Awwww, I promised myself I would not watch another LCS season and therefore reward NBC's despicable, money-grubbing, screw-the-audience tactics of dragging out this show over three weeks with filler and repetition when it could easily have ended earlier. However, seeing the old house guests with the new ones would be interesting, so I may just watch the last week since they will do endless filler recaps of the whole season anyway.

With all the obvious support for Alonso, I was surprised that Jon won it. I guess as every Presidential candidate knows, you can't win unless you carry the South and you can't repeatedly insult and mock people and expect them to vote for you.

It was good to see Ralphie again and I could NOT believe Dat Phan did the martial arts urination bit AGAIN!

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie May
    Before you see my set let me apologize NBC was F ing with me and it wasnt as fluid as I would have liked but it was good none the less. People on the east coast can you see if NBC blurred out my Team USA jersey. I am in a bit of a situtation here. And no I didn't mess with Gary he is a great guy and I have known him for years. All the comics this year are fantastic. The audience is great, a little too much. I hope I make you laugh.

Ralphie May
    Ralphie, that joke about making a pearl was hilarious.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantham Gum
    With all the obvious support for Alonso, I was surprised that Jon won it. I guess as every Presidential candidate knows, you can't win unless you carry the South and you can't repeatedly insult and mock people and expect them to vote for you.
    Oh come on... It's comedy for crying out loud. Most comedians mock someone. Even the saint John Heffron (who I think is funny too.)

John Heffron won this thing a long time ago in the public's eye. I remember around this board people endorsing him after he cried when he beat Bonnie. But I do find it interesting that Alonzo beat him in a head to head where people only had one vote, as opposed to multiple phone lines and email addresses.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Ralphie is a crowd pleaser, and I mean that in the best way. Dat was also a crowd pleaser, but his "appeal" wasn't very repeatable--I think if America had seen him MORE it would have hurt him.

Alonzo is too pigeoholed by the "too black" "too misogynistic" people. If he's really reading here, I hope he goes home with the knowledge that SOME people are able to see things more clearly with him. But there will always be people who are scared of him, offended by him, etc. Nothing to be done for it.
    Good points. Alonzo, if you're reading, I'm with him: don't change a bit!

Yeah Alonzo beat John in the head to head but the votes were only given to the audience that night not the whole country like last week. Had the same voting been for that show I believe John would have beat Alonzo that night, he was . IMO the true winner won fair and square because John is truly funny. He was my pick all along also. But like the old saying, "Everyone is entitled to an opinion." But you know the other side to this saying and what opinions are like.

Congrats JOHN!!!!!!!

Nice going, John. He bored the crap out of me early on this season, but won me over the past few weeks. I'll watch your comedy special, dude.

Now I didn't watch last season, so pardon me if I missed something with the 2 comics from last year...but the fat guy was absolutely brutal. I didn't even crack a smile during his set. The Dat guy...meh. I guess he's kinda cute, anyway.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fan
    Ralphie May was sooo funny, and Dat Phan used the same garbage "jokes" he did the first time. All three in the final's were great, a little upset Gary didn't win really thought he was funny......looking forward to 3!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    I liked all three so was not disappointed in the winner. I still think Ant should have been there, though. OK, I am a broken record....all I'm saying is..
    My thoughts on the next season is take a comic from both seasons and have them go head to head. In fact, take 2 from each season and have 2 head to heads each week. Fill in the remaining show time with shots from "in the house" antics. Continue having to head to heads until you end up with the final 4. Then you get your big production of the fireworks and the glamour and splendor of the BIG FINALE. And my personal favorites of Ralphie, Tess, Alonzo and Ant will be performing the final 4. But the Filler of the "in the house" antics will be starring Rich and Dave, Todd and anyone. Notice there will be no freebies, no get out of jail cards. Everyone has to perform!

Did anyone think that John was distant with his wife. He only hugged her for a moment when she ran onstage and later when they were standing onstage together at the end, she reached for his hand and he completely ignored it and left his hand on his hip with her just sort of hanging out there. Or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Britaknee
    I am only watching LCS3 for RALPHIE, RICH, DAVE, JOHN AND TODD!

Great season and a great winner.

ONLY?? that's a lot of people to be ONLY watching for.

+ Reply to Thread