+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 8/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I'd love for either Ralphie or Alonzo to win LCS3, I love Dat but I do believe Ralphie should have won last time around.

It will be interesting to see Ralphie and Dat work together as a team but somehow I don't really see that happening..
    Over a field and through a gate,
    Down a path and in a lake,
    Lived Whitmore the Toad Pirate - Bad to the bone,
    Abondoned his ship - now captains a stone,
    People stay clear, they know what he'll do,
    "That's Whitmore the Toad Pirate, he'll give you warts"

Personally, I think the best comic won. My wife and I picked John way back at the beginning of the show, and lo and behold, someone who we were rooting for actually WON the darn thing.

Dave Mordal is a BRILLIANT comic, and should have won last year. I agree that maybe his style of humor was over a lot of people's heads. I'm anxious to see how he does in this next series.

Alonzo's really good - but honestly his set on Tuesday didn't make me laugh once. Not once. And, I was feeling pretty non-biased too. I wanted him to make me laugh, since he had shown he is a serious heavy-weight comic, and we all know he's for real. But John was the most consistent comic out there, and howaboutthat - he came through.

Woo-hoo! The big Kid won!
    I am so thrilled that John won! He was my favorite since the beginning. Towards the end, Alonzo and him were pretty even as my 2 favorites.

I had to give my votes to John, though, since his set had me this past Tuesday. Alonzo didn't make me laugh as much, but he was still so much better than a lot of the LCS1 comics, imo.

I didn't think Ralphie was that funny. His one joke about the Mullets rising was pretty hysterical, though.

Poor Dat. I wanted him to do good, but he crashed and burned.

Again, Congratulations, John Heffron.

FORT Fogey
    Can't say I'm sorry that John won... He was good, I just thought Alonzo was better, but they are two different types of comedians.

I can see Alonzo making a ton of money as a sitcom or screenplay writer. He seems to be able to come up with good new material quickly and it always sounds fresh.

Through this whole series, I never found Gary Gulman funny. His jokes always seem to be leading up to something, then he comes up with some other thing out in left field that has nothing to do with the original train of thought... (like the boy/girl/chicken wing joke). Now that I think about it, my 80-year-old aunt from Boston does this type of comedy too, though not on purpose. It must be something in the water there.

Rab
    Same as Wolf and other fans I was rooting for John and he won. I am freakin' happy he beat Alonzo who IMO isn't as entertaining to watch as John.

I still remember the restroom joke Dat did from last season and he used it tonight. Woah. @_@

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chaos
    Dat Phan will wipe the floor with John using his classic asian oriented comedy.

John has already lost, hear me now and believe me later.

Hello can you hear me now...share the meds .... John will take Dat down like a power window Dat will fold like a lawn chair.... :phhht

FORT Regular
    Dat Phan will wipe the floor with John using his classic asian oriented comedy.
    It's classic because it's STOLEN.

FORT Regular
    hear me now and believe me later.
    even your comments are stolen from Dana Carvey.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    And Dat Phan still sucks.
    ditto

If I were in Italy Italian Idol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartyRules
    Hello can you hear me now...share the meds .... John will take Dat down like a power window Dat will fold like a lawn chair.... :phhht

Anybody interested in seeing TWO, yah I said Two stereotypical comics go at it. I'm not!!!!!!

I'm talking about Ant and Dat. Asian stereotype versus Gay stereotype. I'm not saying it would be funny, probably more painful to watch than the movie Jackass.
    "I come from humble grounds. I was never spoiled, so I know how to appreciate things given to me"

+ Reply to Thread