+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 8/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I didn't know until John won that I really wanted Alonzo to win ... Well, all three were really good and made me laugh, so no harm done. Can't wait for the new season, it will be great. And I loved Mohr's joke (truth) about Fox stealing shows .
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartyRules
    now gee who will win between Dat and John ... lets think about this ... hmmmmmmmmmm.....tough one eh ???? :phhht
    Dat Phan will wipe the floor with John using his classic asian oriented comedy.

John has already lost, hear me now and believe me later.
    Over a field and through a gate,
    Down a path and in a lake,
    Lived Whitmore the Toad Pirate - Bad to the bone,
    Abondoned his ship - now captains a stone,
    People stay clear, they know what he'll do,
    "That's Whitmore the Toad Pirate, he'll give you warts"

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    I'm looking forward to the third season. I didn't watch LCS1 so the first glimpse I had of the very famous Dat, Ralphie, Dave and all was tonight. I have heard so many things about all of them, I can't to see for myself what they are made of.
    -Dat is made of cheese.
    -Ralphie used to be made of lard, but he's losing lots of weight so we can't say that anymore.
    -Dave is made of piss and vinegar.
    -Rich Vos is made of just piss.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fan
    All I gotta say is I will be so happy to see Dave and Rich back and John H. again. These 3 really are so much fun to watch.

And Ralphie---no way Dat Phan really won. But I think AI2 was fixed as well.

H

FORT Fan
    Hey maybe they'll even let Kathleen participate on this next round of shows!

I voted for John so I'm glad he won. But I think it's very interesting that the other comedians all seemed to vote for Alonzo. I suspect that's because they respect his joke-writing abilities. He did have some very good lines. But good heavens, he doesn't seem to have the natural style (as in, easy stage presence) of a Heffron or a Gulman.

IMO neither Dat nor John will win the part III. John has a better chance, but Dat was clearly out of steam. He was funny the first time around, but I did not really laugh at any of his jokes tonight. And maybe the viewers will get to vote earlier this time around. If I could choose it would be between Dave and Alonzo in the end.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Ok, Jay went to commercial before Alonzo talking about the "big announcement about LCS3"...then in our commercial break they had a preview. Did they do that on the east coast, too?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    I'm very happy for John, I was rooting for him all the way since the beginning of the top ten.

Like another poster said, I don't think Alonzo will suffer much from being the runner-up this year; I even think it will be better for him, in a certain way, he'll have more freedom to do his style of comedy and he won't disappoint.
    I was a fan since the beginning too...I am so happy Heffron won!!

I also agree about Alonzo being second...it won't hurt him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    -Dat is made of cheese.
    -Ralphie used to be made of lard, but he's losing lots of weight so we can't say that anymore.
    -Dave is made of piss and vinegar.
    -Rich Vos is made of just piss.
    I thought Dat was made of shit..because he stinks..or it could just be moldy cheese!

anyways, CONGRATS TO HEFFRON! I am only watching LCS3 for RALPHIE, RICH, DAVE, JOHN AND TODD!

Great season and a great winner. So glad this years season winner DESERVED IT.

I will say once again in this thread....RALPHIE WAS ROBBED LAST SEASON!
    ~BB5 - rooting for Nakomis, Drew, Adria, Nat and Diane.
    ~LCS2 - JOHN HEFFRON
    ~Road Rules Xtreme - Patrick and Derrick

<3
    ~Brittany~

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    IMO neither Dat nor John will win the part III. John has a better chance, but Dat was clearly out of steam. He was funny the first time around, but I did not really laugh at any of his jokes tonight. And maybe the viewers will get to vote earlier this time around. If I could choose it would be between Dave and Alonzo in the end.
    I don't know. I still don't think most of America understands Dave's kind of dry sarcastic comedy. And even fans of that style veer a bit occasionally--I for example don't like Kathleen Madigan nearly as much as Dave and her style is actually quite similar.

Ralphie is a crowd pleaser, and I mean that in the best way. Dat was also a crowd pleaser, but his "appeal" wasn't very repeatable--I think if America had seen him MORE it would have hurt him.

Alonzo is too pigeoholed by the "too black" "too misogynistic" people. If he's really reading here, I hope he goes home with the knowledge that SOME people are able to see things more clearly with him. But there will always be people who are scared of him, offended by him, etc. Nothing to be done for it.

John is interesting. Not my favorite, but I can understand his appeal. He does SOME risque jokes, but overall he's quite safe. Not "boring" safe like Cookie Boy, but yeah... you can see him cast in some crazy sitcom as the wacky neighbor or something.

Vos--who WASN'T my favorite last year, although I loved his interactions with Dave--actually may do well. Since Jim Norton won't be around, he's got that segment of the vote locked up. Of course he's misogynistic too--it's half his act.

Tess? Unless she's gotten MUCH better she's not a major factor.

I gotta think on the rest. Again, obviously the rules they use will determine a lot. But I could see a lot of live head-to-heads if they are doing this the smart way. No stupid house. No pre-taping by more than a day.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Newbie
    I think Alonzo is (by far) the best comic of LCS2 and all the other comics seemed to know this. But John gave the best set Tuesday night and that's all that matters.

Alonzo's too restrained. I would love to see him at a club. HIS club, ya know with HIS audience, where he can totally let lose without having to worry about looking "angry" and frighten Aunt Ethel in Peoria. 10 to 1 Heffron gets Comedy Central but Alonzo gets HBO.

Damn. People are pussies.

+ Reply to Thread