+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who will win? Predictions Here

I'm hoping John will win. He layed it all out, and he was the only one that had me laughing out loud on Tuesday night. He's also funny around the house.

I wouldn't mind if Alonzo won because he has been pretty consistent all throughout the show, but I lean more towards John's style of comedy. Alonzo couldv'e closed the deal if he had done last week's set. He was a little off in his delivery on Tuesday night, and that might hurt him.

Gary was okay the previous times he performed,but Tuesday night, I thought he stunk. He isn't good enough to be the last comic standing, imo.

Alonzo's in the Ralphie Box this year--the best at the end, but he won't likely win.

I assumed beforehand that Cookie Boy would take it, but frankly his set was pretty poor and may have even turned off a few of the folks who otherwise would have voted for him simply for being the Clay Aiken of the comedy circuit (i.e. - "cute" and "safe").

Heffron has momentum (I'll admit his sets got better as time passed, whereas Alonzo's stayed relatively the same in quality--although that "sameness" was always good), so I'm assuming at this point it's probably him. I like him somewhat, but not as much as Alonzo. So it won't be a "Dat Phan" type of tragedy if he wins, it just will leave an impression with me that maybe America is a bit scared when it comes to popularity contests to lean towards the "angry black man" character--even if he is the wittiest in this particular contest.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I like Alonzo, he is always consistent. Seems most on this board like John, he is kinda a hit and miss to me. He tends to come across a little silly at times. Gary's style is ok but not all that funny to me. All in all I think John will win but Alonzo is more original and consistently funny.

FORT Fan
    i voted for heffron, but would be fine with either heffron or alonzo winning.
    definitely not gary, though.
    alonzo can write some good material, though he also seems to include a lot jokes that have been around forever. alonzo's own material he writes makes him seem more like the 'thinking man's comedian' than jay london, just in a different way. still don't like alonzo's delivery. seems like he wouldn't be good in a sitcom if all of his lines come across that way. i think alonzo would be good as a writer or on a team of writers for mad tv or snl coming up with skits. definitely would be a good opportunity to progress from there.
    heffron has great energy, great delivery, and seems the most like the boy-next-door. seems like a good guy who is always fun to be around, always witty without feeling the need to pick on any particular group of people for laughs. seems like he would be the best choice for a sitcom starring role or supporting role. didn't someone say they had heard he was in negotiations for a deal for a sitcom? seems like he has an existing relationship with nbc as co-creator of his 'that guy' game they bought the rights to.

gary.....can't say anything too negative about gary....he did earn his way into the top three, i guess through a mix of winning head-to-head matches with audience voting and through gaining fans through his time in the house (and the chic vote for being 'cute'). but he seems a bit too cheesy for my tastes. again, seems too much like a 6'6" cheez-it (which as we all now know is simply a cheeze cookie without the sugar).

if alonzo or john wins, this season will be much better than last season.
    i wouldn't be surprised, though, if next season when it is lcs1 vs lcs2, if it does come down to one final comedian, if the #1 and #2 of lcs2 are swapped and go #1 and #2 in lcs3.

I voted for Alonzo.
    But the way the crowd acted when Gray come on stage, I think he will win.
    I don't care for Gary. I have not heard one funny thing come out of his mouth and the way he walks back and forth on the stage, like he can't stand still, I don't care for that either.
    I really liked John, but I think Alonzo is the funniest of the three, hands down.
    I was rolling on the floor with Alonzo's set.

I will be happy with either Alonzo or John winning, but if Gary wins, then I have to say this show is rigged.
    I didn't even think that Gary should have made it into the house.
    JMO

I picked John Heffron all along....since they were in vegas...Go John!!!!!!!!

Go Alonzo!

I like John Heffron and hope he wins. I thought they all did a good job and would actually be happy if any of them won! I did think John had the funniest set though on Tuesday.

Alonzo!!

Alonzo!!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Alonzo's in the Ralphie Box this year--the best at the end, but he won't likely win.

I assumed beforehand that Cookie Boy would take it, but frankly his set was pretty poor and may have even turned off a few of the folks who otherwise would have voted for him simply for being the Clay Aiken of the comedy circuit (i.e. - "cute" and "safe").

Heffron has momentum (I'll admit his sets got better as time passed, whereas Alonzo's stayed relatively the same in quality--although that "sameness" was always good), so I'm assuming at this point it's probably him. I like him somewhat, but not as much as Alonzo. So it won't be a "Dat Phan" type of tragedy if he wins, it just will leave an impression with me that maybe America is a bit scared when it comes to popularity contests to lean towards the "angry black man" character--even if he is the wittiest in this particular contest.
    I think Ralpie may is a lot funnier than Alonso. I liked gary but I agree with you that he did not have a good set on Tuesday.

I agree with you. I will be happy with whoever wins.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast