+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Dave Mordal Fan <3
    Haven't been here in a while, but I'm voting for John tonight. I just loved his energy, and I don't think the other two were quite up on their game. They had bright moments, but John kept me entertained the whole way through.

Between three phone lines and multiple email addresses I think we just cast 30 votes for JOHN HEFFFFFFRON !!!

I hope he wins......

Quote Originally Posted by SpartyRules
    Between three phone lines and multiple email addresses I think we just cast 30 votes for JOHN HEFFFFFFRON !!!

I hope he wins......
    Yeah! All I have is my skimpy 6 votes (2 email addresses) for Heff. I'm the only reality TV fan in my house!
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Use the phone ... do it now ..... please... 1866 386-6993

FORT Newbie
    Gary has always been my favorite, and I thought he did well tonight, I laughed several times. BUT, I'll have to admit that Alonzo and John did better. John got my votes tonight. Although I wouldn't be a bit disappointed if any of them win, they all make me laugh.

Did anybody else here vote for Alonzo? I thought both Heff and Alonzo were funny but Alonzo made me laugh more.

FORT Newbie

Gary Gulman is the winner!

Congratulations to Mr. Gulman. In my opinion he has won tonight's show.

First Reason:
    Alonzo and Heffron both used the same subject material: women (in the form of wives and girlfriends) in a repeat of millions of other comedians past.

Second Reason:
    Gulman changed topics rather well and he seemed genuinely enjoying the moment. Best line: Father and son both getting discounts.

Third Reason:
    While Alonzo looked nervous, Heffron almost sounded mean.

------------------------------------

Of all the people, I'd say Jay London is the real genius; perhaps not the "all-around" comedian. His comedy is NEVER designed to insult people other than himself. For this reason I forgave him for his poor performance in the friars crap.

-----------------------------------

I'd only pay to see Jay London of everyone LCS had to offer. If this means anything.

Thanks for the good time LCS!

By the way, the other day I saw a comedian named Mike Green at the local Comix Cafe (he is better than ALL in the LCS...how come he is not nationally famous, or is he?)

How do they know if the e-mail addresses are authentic or not? I mean, I could get a thousand e-mail addresses from the "Suspect E-mail" folder in my earthlink account.

SpartyRules, 3 more votes for John by phone vote. I hope John wins! I don't phone vote for just anybody!
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Idol Fan
    Yep, I'm definitely an Alonzo fan and my 3 phone votes went to him! I have liked him best as long as I've been watching this, with Jay London a close 2nd. But I'd have to say that tonight, John Heffron, who I have sometimes liked, really was terrific! He may have done better leaving out the stripper joke at the end, though, as it didn't seem to fit. Struck me like he thought he needed to add one joke introducing something about sex to touch other bases. However his delivery was not manic, which I never liked, and he was very good on all the jokes about learning how a wife views things differently.

Tonight, I thought all 3 were funny. No one made me laugh out loud tonight. Even Gary, who I was betting with myself on when he'd do a cookie joke, got better with his Olympic bit.

Alonzo has struck me as smooth, intelligent, and the best comedian for some time, so I still vote for him. Who'd be best in a sitcom? I think John, personally. And hope I never have to see Gary again. Seeing Todd somehow turns my stomach. If John wins, I won't be upset.

But......

Go Alonzo!!!

+ Reply to Thread