+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Final 3 - Thoughts and Opinions

people are sleeping on Gary, when in the past couple of weeks he has improved immesnley right before our eyes. Im rolling at some of his jokes. I never thought Id be voting for him as the last comic standing and now I just might depending on how it goes Tuesday. I too thought Kathleen should have made it in over John. I also think Alonzo deserved so 2 out of the three I picked made it, so Im happy.

FORT Newbie
    I personally thought that the voting was correct, I think John, Gary and Alonzo is the best three of the whole group. Gary is probably my favorite, but I won't be disappointed if he doesn't win, all three are great and make me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    OK, now I'll start out by saying that I haven't watched every episode of this season, so maybe I've missed something along the way, but my thoughts on the pairings to determine the Final 3:

Tammy vs. Gary - This one was a toss-up for me. Though I was personally rooting for Tammy, I think they are both funny (though I thought Tammy was a bit funnier), and I'm not completely shocked to see Gary in the Final 3.

Kathleen vs. John - This is the one that blows me away. How did John get through over Kathleen? It's not that John isn't funny; he is funny enough. It's just that IMO this one wasn't even close. Plus, for some reason, when they announced that Gary got through and Tammy didn't, I thought that would help Kathleen even more. Oh well, Kathleen will do just fine without LCS, I feel sure.

Alonzo vs. Jay - My faith in the American voting public is restored. I have never thought Jay London was all that funny, but I was afraid he'd get through to the finals because of his uniqueness (is that even a word?). When he won the Wildcard spot (which I was thinking should have gone to Ant ), I thought he'd have a free ride through to the finals. Thank goodness Alonzo got through. He deserved it.
    I agree with you 100%. My top 3 were Kathleen, Alonzo, and John. As soon as I saw Gary made it, I realized Kathleen was out.

Gary's a god comic, but I just don't see why he uses the topics that he does in his stand up. He needs to drop all the cookie jokes, that's way too amateur for the Last Comic Standing.

I like John's jokes about childhood and the crazy things kids do, but it seems like those are the only jokes he can pull off. I didn't like his barfly bit on Tuesday at all, and if I was voting purely based on the performances of Tuesday night, John would not have been in my top 3.

I have always liked Kathleen Madigan, and her style, which I've seen a lot of people complain about, is unique and entertaining to me.

Jay London...meh. Some of his one liners are funny, but it gets old fast. I couldn't see him winning. How would they fill up a half hour special for him, much less a sitcom?

Tammy, well, what can I say? It's funny the first time you hear her, but after that it's like a repeat. She needs more material than her Sicilian heritage and complaints about other women.

And Alonzo, I think he's a very strong comedian, and my pick to win it all (since Kathleen is out)...he's got great delivery and uses jokes to relate to the whole audience. Though his racial comments sometimes get old with me.

And don't get me started on Jay Mohr. The next season should go the way of Amish in the City, and just use that Fortune Teller machine as the host. Or a gnome, both were more entertaining that Jay Mohr to me.

Anyway, my votes are going to Alonzo next week, and I can't wait for the next season of LCS. Hopefully, it'll drop the "Real World"-esque house altogether, and we'll be able to vote purely on comedic talent. BTW, I think the LCS1 comics will kick ass.
    Shows I'm Watching: CSI, Survivor, Without a Trace, Third Watch, X-Play

Here are my thoughts:
    -I think Alonso is an skilled writer I mean he rocks,but there's something about his delivery and the way he's on stage that doesnt get me.Ill be happy if he won i mean he is an excellent comic,but i dont think i will be able to watch him in a sitcom.
    -John has great delivery,original sets,and a lot of ENERGY.He's like a kid who needs ritalin.IMAO. Thats why i love him on the stage,he's just funny.I mean have you seen Alonso doing funny movements on stage?and Gary keeps walking in a circle...God that creeps me out.
    -Gary.Milkman Gary..He has some cute jokes but i think he cant win this unless LCS is rigged.
    I think it will be between JOHN and ALONSO.
    So i think im gonna vote JOHN.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Aalydah
    Here are my thoughts:
    -I think Alonso is an skilled writer I mean he rocks,but there's something about his delivery and the way he's on stage that doesnt get me.Ill be happy if he won i mean he is an excellent comic,but i dont think i will be able to watch him in a sitcom.
    -John has great delivery,original sets,and a lot of ENERGY.He's like a kid who needs ritalin.IMAO. Thats why i love him on the stage,he's just funny.I mean have you seen Alonso doing funny movements on stage?and Gary keeps walking in a circle...God that creeps me out.
    -Gary.Milkman Gary..He has some cute jokes but i think he cant win this unless LCS is rigged.
    i think i pretty much agree with you.
    gary is ok, but does really cheesy stuff and has a cookie fetish. could be a good sidekick in a sitcom if he walked around on his knees to lose a foot or two and not overshadow the main character.

alonso showed in the roast that he can come up with some good material. i liked alonso from the start, but i am sick of him relying on so many old racist jokes to make fun of rednecks and all others white....and he has a crappy delivery, like he's spitting out a couple of quick jokes so he can move on to a speech at a used car salesmen convention

gotta vote for heffron....tons of new material every time, alwasy witty in the house, nice, laid back attitude....would be the best choice for a sit-com deal

I'm very happy with the final three! I just wanted John and Gary to make it, and then I had a hard time picking my third person. I knew I didn't want it to be Tammy or Jay, so I decided Alonzo or Kathleen because they're both wonderful comics, and they would deserve it. Based on the Tuesday performances, I liked Alonzo better than Kathleen by a small margin, so I was hoping it'd be John, Alonzo, and Gary.

*sighs* I love it when I get my way.

-Charmy
    Hey, if John Heffron doesn't win Last Comic Standing, don't blame me! I voted for him 30 times. (I feel so democratic!) Although I confess to voting for Gary once. Just because he's hot. Sorry John.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Aalydah
    Well here's the problem with this show - people pick a favorite and stick with it. You say you're gonna vote for John, but how do you know until you see the show? I think Tuesday, Alonzo was one of the top two (Gary made me laugh so much harder than the other comics), but Thursday, when it didn't count, I found him boring and really only worth a chuckle once or twice. While I've consistently found Gary to be the one to strike my funnybone, I'm willing to wait until the show on Tuesday and do some completely uncalled for - vote for the funniest comic of the evening, whether it be Gary, John, or Alonzo. Isn't that how it should be?

And what's this about LCS 3 pitting LCS 1 comics against LCS 2 comics? We may actually get to see Dave Mordal again???

And for those of you who complained about this year's format - I like it. Sure I didn't think Jay London should have won the wildcard spot - I actually thought Todd Glass was the funniest that night - but just think if we'd been given the wildcard option last year - Dave would have returned and with the current format of narrowing it down to 3 comics, no way would Dat Phake have won!

FORT Fan
    I am befuddled by how often people say Jay Mohr is not funny. I admit he is not funny on this show but as a stand up, the guy is hysterical, although often obscene. Has anyone ever heard his Adam Sandler impersonation? It's hysterical.
    Yes, I agree he was particularly stupid on last nights show. But, if you ever get the chance to see him at the Improv, GO, he will not disappoint you.

The Girl With FORT-itude saltyj's Avatar
    I was disappointed last night for some part. I wanted as the final three -- Jay, John, Kathleen. I KNEW...I mean, I KNEW KNEW KNEW that it would be Jay, John, and Gary, so...

Tammy vs. Gary -- Gary. Yep. I wanted him to win, and logically I knew he was going to. One point for me.

John vs. Kathleen -- Oh, darn. Wanted both of them, but I had to choose one I wanted to win, and since I enjoy John just a bit more and America seems to love him more, I went with John. Two points.

Alonzo vs. Jay -- I thought I had this one in the bag. There was no way in hell Alonzo would get in over Jay. Alonzo's an okay comedian, but sometimes he gets a bit old and tired. I love Jay. He's been my favorite for a long time. I even voted (my first time voting for any reality show ever) for him over the telephone. Yay Jay! When Alonzo's name was called, my jaw dropped. I was stunned for a second. Dang it!!! :phhht No point on this one.

So I got two out of three and now my favorite comedian will not be in the final three, though America seemed to love him. I think he was just one of those people that you really, really like, but don't vote for for some reason. Who knows.
    Viva La Vie Boheme!

Filmmaker and TV Fan
    Tuesday Night Thoughts:

My favorite performance was Alonzo's. I have always been a bigger John Heffron fan, but Alonzo did very well hands down, so my cell phone vote went to him. Now, my favorite performance to least favorite perofrmance:

1. Alonzo Bodden - A very funny performance. He has some great material.
    2. John Heffron - His delivery is so unique, its almost fun just to watch him talk normally.
    3. Kathleen Madigan - We never really got a chance to see her shine in the house, and I was positively surprised when she did a very funny set about young people and politics.
    4. Gary Gulman - Gary gets better every time he performs. I hated him in the auditions, disliked him in his first head to head, thought he was okay in his second, and now, I feel he is a very funny man. His set was very solid, but unfortunately, he has tough competition.
    5. Tammy Pescatelli - She is a love or hate girl. Half of her matierla makes me laugh, the other half makes me sick. It's not just not funny, it's anti funny. Her ste that time was no different.
    6. Jay London - Just the opposite of Gary Gulman. He went from absolutley hilarious early on, to slowly and slowly worse. I love his style of humor, but it really does get odl when yuo watch him perform seven or eight times in two months. I can see people laughing at him harder if he were just performing once at a show or something. He appeals well mostly to people who haven't seen his act before.

I hoped that Alonzo, John, and Kathleen were the finalists.

Thursday Night Thoughts:

Tammy and Gary Well, right off the bat, I knew I would not be 3 for 3. Of these two, I was hoping Gary would prove victorious. Indeed he did. Now that Gary was finalized, I decided to cut Kathleen from my want list and leave room for Alonzo and John.

John and Kathleen I have been a John Heffron fan from the beginning. He was my second favorite comic in the running through Episode II, and then was my favorite after Todd Glass was eliminated. I really hoped he'd make it in. And, he did. I feel personally Kathleen should have had Gary's spot though.

Jay and Alonzo If Jay London won this, I would be upset. As I mentioned above, he has a nice style, but it just isn't funny anymore after watching him for a long time on a show like LCS. Alonzo wasn't always on my favorites list, but aroudn the time they roasted Jay, I decided he was actually a really funny guy. And, he won my vote from my favorite John Heffron on Tuesday, for performing so well.

So, all in all, I got the second best possible final three from my list, having lost my least favorite pick to win with favorite pick to lose. Now, of course, I will have to watch the sets next week to actually decide who I will vote for, but it will almost surely be between Alonzo and John. Got nothing against Gary, but I just don't think he is as funny as the other two. My guess now is that I will favor Heffron, because he was been a favorite of mine for a longer time, but if Alonzo pulls it off again, he could easily steal my vote a second time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast