+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So who are you going to vote for in the finals?

PSi

So who are you going to vote for in the finals?

Now that we're down to the final 3, has everyone made up their minds already, or are they going to wait til Tuesday and see what their sets are like?

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by PSi
    Now that we're down to the final 3, has everyone made up their minds already, or are they going to wait til Tuesday and see what their sets are like?
    Whoever is funniest. It's the only fair thing. If it's a tie, whoever has been funniest over the long haul.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I agree, boxhill. Although, Alonso has been the most consistent so far.

FORT Newbie
    So far my favorite has been Gary, but I won't fully make up my mind until they perform again, I personally think they are all very talented. My favorites have changed, mostly between Gary and John, but I also really like Alonzo. It's going to be a tough decision!

FORT Fan
    unless heffron sucks, i'll probably vote for him.

gary is a good guy, just a little too cheesy. (tired of posting my comparison of him to a cheez-it so go read his thread for more cheezy goodness)
    i am impressed that gary has had to burn through a lot of material but still hasn't re-used every joke in his act, though he does get a lot of mileage out of cookies and 'the pill' (which i'm sure isn't an original joke he wrote, has been around since seinfeld)

heffron always has good new material, and is always funny, sometimes directed at completely different audiences. really seems witty and naturally funny, like he'd be fun to hang out with. would be great on a sit-com. heffron seems like this year's dave mordal, with a little more energy

alonzo i have been pulling for to make it to the final 3....
    he can write good material, but i don't like his delivery, makes it sound like he's working.
    and i am way tired of the racist jokes. first joke out of his mouth again last night was a racist joke. he doesn't even make up new racist jokes, just repeats old racist hockey and nascar jokes.
    i can't even imagine what would happen if gary came out with his alonzo impression and started telling racist jokes making fun of black people.
    very touching moment to see alonzo's dad there.
    maybe his dad should tell him he raised him better and to quit embarrassing him by telling racist jokes.
    the least he could do is watch an evening at the apollo or def comedy jam and steal some newer racist jokes

I can't vote because I will be away. But If I was to vote, one phone line for Gary and the other for Alonzo, unless one really blew, or did really well.

SKUNK SKUNK SKUNK SKUNK SKUNK

FORT Fogey
    I will vote for John. Alonzo has good material but his delivery doesn't catch me.

Well, if we're voting for a potentially good sitcom star, I'll go with John, unless Alonzo wows me. He wowed me enough to get one of my votes the other night. John has provided me with a lot of laughs this season, so he's the frontrunner in my mind. But Alonzo is good at what he does.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

FORT Fogey
    I was so disappointed in the results that I am psyched that now I don't need to choose which show to watch on Tuesday...so no voting for me. I thought Kathleen, Tammy and Alonzo were the best this week...I liked John, but enjoyed the sets that had a variety of material rather than all on one topic (the bar scene). Gary just doesn't make me laugh, I can't believe he's made it this far!

I must say though that I am glad that LCS went to a viewer vote vs. just the small audience in a theatre...a la American Idol. It means a lot more viewing of sets vs. the in-house stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast