+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular
    Well.....Ralphie was easily the funniest of last year and who won? Alonzo is definitely this years Ralphie only in shape and actually black. He's the funniest, he's edgie, he confident, he's gonna lose. The toss up is defenitely for Jon or Gary and my money's on Gary.
    And what would that sound like DAG?

Thoughts on the top 3:

Gary: I honestly don't think he deserves to be there. I don't even think he should have won either of his H2H's.

John: I liked him in the beginning, but not so much now. He could definitely take it all, but I don't think that would be right, especially if a bunch of people are voting for him 50 times each

Alonzo: If America actually votes for the FUNNIEST, Alonzo will win it, imo.

The only way I think we can have another Dat Phan is if Gary wins.
    Mystery of the Universe #3994 - Dat Phan winning LCS1.

Idol Fan
    Go Alonzo!

Well, 2 of my 3 picks got in. I'm glad John made it and really wish they hadn't set it up in pairs like that. If only Jay was the third! As funny as he was Tuesday, and as much as I like him, I have to admit I find Alonzo the absolute funniest! I hope he walks away with it. Certainly not Gary - I'm so bored with his jokes.

Congratulations, Alonzo!

Alonzo's hockey joke is an old one, I heard it on the Imus in the Morning program. I thought Kathy had consistently funny stuff tonight.

I'm okay with this top 3. I'm a little disappointed as I really do like Tammy, but I'll take Gary, John and Alonzo.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Well the three comics I voted for made it to the top 3 so I'm happy about that. My fondness for Alonzo's material is slipping somewhat though. That "edge"? For me, it felt a tad too angry for me tonight. I prefer the material he did earlier on, like in the auditions and at the roast. However, I did laugh loudly at his joke about the gymnastic bounce though. Great joke!

Heffron may not be super original, but he speaks to me as a Midwesterner and I appreciate his humor in a "been there, done that" kind of way. He's my first choice but I'll be happy if he gets second place after Alonzo.

Once this show is over, I will be thankful that I won't have to watch Jay Mohr and his horrific standup routine. IMO, his delivery/material is just L.A.M.E. His joke tonight about the Brady Bunch girls was strange; I didn't even understand what he said towards the end of it because he was mumbling. I would never request a "do-over" of his material. Give me five more minutes of Alonzo and John telling jokes and send Jay far, far away...

I am very pleased with the top 3. Of course I am a John-fan all the way but if Alonzo wins I'm okay with that. Overall a pretty good show, except of course for Jay Mohr's starter jokes. Read my mind Jay- we don't care about your dreams!

By the way just an observation but did John borrow Ant's plaid shirt? Because the shirt he was wearing tonite looked like one Ant wore in a previous H2H.

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    Don't like this top 3.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace2529
    John: I liked him in the beginning, but not so much now. He could definitely take it all, but I don't think that would be right, especially if a bunch of people are voting for him 50 times each
    I DIDN'T like John at first. I remember him doing the dingleberry scissors routine and thinking -- this guy is NOT funny!! Now, he really makes me laugh I like his energy.

I thought all 6 were good -- a little something for everybody. They'll all do well going forward, no doubt.

About Kathleen though, she seems to do alot of material that starts with her having gone somewhere (Arizona, Texas) "two weeks ago". Kind of annoying -- I guess that's the way some feel about Gary's cookie jokes (which I happen to enjoy -- "Boo!")

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Trix606
    Alonzo's hockey joke is an old one, I heard it on the Imus in the Morning program. I thought Kathy had consistently funny stuff tonight.
    Yeah...I bet Jarome Iginla (the best in the game right now) didn't think it was funny either

I think final three should all be great. I like Gary best but I like John too. Alonzos comedy doesnt appeal to me personally but he is a very strong comic

+ Reply to Thread