+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I haven't read all the messages on this thread yet, but I just had to post that I think Gary SUCKS.
    What is America thinking?
    I know we all have different taste, but I didn't find anything he said funny at all.
    I was very upset that Tammy isn't in the final three. She is my favorite.
    I loved her act and always laughed my butt off when she was on stage.
    I remember last year alot of people we saying that they thought the show was rigged. I would have to agree with that, cause I just don't see anything that comes out of Gary's mouth as being funny. YUCK!

Ok I am done ranting now.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Curly_Hair
    I haven't read all the messages on this thread yet, but I just had to post that I think Gary SUCKS.
    What is America thinking?
    I know we all have different taste, but I didn't find anything he said funny at all.
    I was very upset that Tammy isn't in the final three. She is my favorite.
    I loved her act and always laughed my butt off when she was on stage.
    I remember last year alot of people we saying that they thought the show was rigged. I would have to agree with that, cause I just don't see anything that comes out of Gary's mouth as being funny. YUCK!

Ok I am done ranting now.
    We feel your pain. If it's any consolation.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by abrahammy
    Apples and oranges. Ralphie May alienated the finale audience with an incredibly offensive rant about our god-given right to have cheap gasoline at any cost. I absolutely despised his last routine and would never have considered voting for him. Dave Mordahl on the other hand...

This year there is nobody who has been as viciously mistreated by his remaining fellow competitors as Dat Phan was so the sympathy factor is zilch. We've already eliminated all the bullies. This year the finale is actually going to be all about the comedy, and I think this final three is absolutely terrific.
    Very well said abrahammy! Ralphie's rant totally turned me off to him last year. I thought he sounded incredibly ignorant and whiney.

Did anyone else fall in love with Alonso's dad? What a sweet man. He was so full of pride for his youn boy. It was really a touching moment (for me, but I'm a big fat sap and a half )

I think these three are ok. I think Ant should have been there, too, but what are you gonna do? Alonzo seems to have the best writing and delivery. I think he'll get the title. Gary and John, while enjoyable, seem to have a "pat" performance. I actually can see all six in a sit-com. See, they all are comedians, they live together, and they end up having head to heads at the end of every episode,...........what? what do you mean it's already been done? I thought NBC would enjoy this new idea for a sit-com!

FORT Fan
    i've been pulling for john and alonzo to make the finals.
    the only negative thing i've said about alonzo is even though he can write some good material, i've thought his delivery was poor, like he was cracking a couple of ice-breaker jokes before some boring speech...
    but....

I AM SERIOUSLY TIRED OF THE RACIST JOKES FROM ALONZO!!!

first joke last night was a racist joke, like much of his act.....
    and it isn't even original. i don't know how many bad comics i've heard tell the same racist jokes......hockey....black people....golf....nascar rednecks....anyone from the south
    seriously, what if gary or john started making jokes about black people?

gary is ok, better delivery than material, but too cheesy for my taste. like a bit 6'6" cheez-it, which is like a cheese cookie without the sugar

all my votes will go to heffron

Quote Originally Posted by boxhill
    We feel your pain. If it's any consolation.
    Thanks boxhill,
    I thought I was the only one that felt that way.

If I could combine Alonzo's great writing with John's energy, that'd be perfect. I think they're both great.

Alonzo's dad was great, the definition of classy.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by AIer_admirer
    If I could combine Alonzo's great writing with John's energy, that'd be perfect. I think they're both great.

Alonzo's dad was great, the definition of classy.

gotta agree with you there. it was cool to see his dad in the audience so proud of him....
    did kinda take away some of the 'classy' side of things with so many racist jokes in his material every time

FORT Fan
    Pardon my hockey fan rant but

Whats up with "the only thing black in hockey is ther puck"? May have been funny 20 years ago but not now.
    Jarome Iginla
    Peter Worrell
    Georges Laroque
    Anson Carter
    Grant Fuhr...I could go on but,

Didn't Rush Limbaugh get in trouble for making a comment about "only one black QB in the NFL"? Also ignorant.

Climbing down from soap box>>>

My husband and I were sputtering with indignation at that line of Alonzo's too, Teppo (is that screenname of yours a salute to Teppo Numminen, btw? )

Alonzo's from Long Island, maybe someone should send him tickets to an Islanders game this year so he can experience the racial diversity of the NHL first-hand (if by some miracle they can avoid that strike thing, of course )
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread