+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jay Mohr Article...

"I just talked to Dave Mordal from season one, who's making $10,000 a week and just bought 40 acres in Minnesota. That makes me so happy. It's the greatest phone call I got," he said.
    Probably the best news in that article.

FORT Fan
    I am impreesed that Jay Mohr has been so candid about having a Panic disorder. I know it sounds naive but..."he seems so calm".

I just read Gasping for Airtime last week. The SNL phenomenon has been written about by so many comedians, Jay Mohr's take was entertaining. He's a funny guy writing about his insecurities; I like him.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

FORT Fan
    I didnt understand the Marissa Tomei thing...she wouldnt go out with Jay mohr in real life because he wasn't famous like she thought??

Quote Originally Posted by Teppo
    I didnt understand the Marissa Tomei thing...she wouldnt go out with Jay mohr in real life because he wasn't famous like she thought??
    In order to get your skits on SNL you must write them yourself and write them with specific co stars (or the weekly host) in mind. According to Mohr, Marissa was happy with the sketch he wrote for the two of them until she discovered he wasn't a "star" on SNL, just a "featured" comedian.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

The Marisa Tomei thing...

>> I didnt understand the Marissa Tomei thing...she wouldnt go out with Jay mohr in real life because he wasn't famous like she thought?? <<

I read it as she wouldn't do the sketch he had written for her to do on SNL because he wasn't one of the featured performers....

Keith S. :{)>

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard
    >> I didnt understand the Marissa Tomei thing...she wouldnt go out with Jay mohr in real life because he wasn't famous like she thought?? <<

I read it as she wouldn't do the sketch he had written for her to do on SNL because he wasn't one of the featured performers....

Ahh thanks...

I think we all see that decision really helped her career. :p

OT...Did you see SI is reporting Ricky W wants to play for the Raiders?.http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ike/index.html
    Last edited by Teppo; 08-04-2004 at 09:06 PM.

OT-Ricky Williams...

I think he retired only to avoid the 4th positive drug test...3rd was confirmed and appeal was denied...then he was supposed to report to camp where he would have been tested again...3rd is 4 game suspension...4th is one-year suspension...one year retirement with only 3 positive drug tests...or 4th drug test and year suspended and have to apply for re-instatement...just returned from touring with Lenny Kravitz...sits out a year and goes to team he wants to play for...and a year to do whatever he feels like doing...

+ Reply to Thread