+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: 8/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I thought the Paris Hilton joke was kinda cliche...I've heard it before. Most of Tammy's set I found passable at best.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Quote Originally Posted by Xantham Gum
    sure Alonzo would be the funniest but when I heard his hacky "Alabama is full of racists who are too stupid to get punchlines" tired clichés I didn't even smile the rest of his set. I don't even live in Alabama, but I do live in the South and I am sick of southerners being the punchline to NY comics smug little jokes, mainly because I know these people don't think of them as jokes but the truth. Way to turn off a whole region of the voting public, Alonzo. Maybe if Gary went on Showtime at the Apollo making black jokes about watermelon and fried chicken or some other outdated stereotype, they would all think it was good-natured fun too!

I have to agree with this also. It seems to me that a lot of African American Comics like to make fun of Southerns. I would like to see a Black man or woman stay away from these jokes that are sterotypical. We as a nation are trying to prevent racism not promote it.

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Idol
    The only insane thing would be to allow Gary and Kathleen the honour of moving on in this competition. I laughed more at Todd's jokes than the other's that you mentioned should make the top 3.
    you probably think Carrot Top is funny too. The funny thing about my top 3 is I picked the ones that made me laugh...not you

ouch, harsh.

Play nice, kids.

We all know that comedy is subjective, so please respect each other's opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Play nice, kids.

We all know that comedy is subjective, so please respect each other's opinions.
    my post was in jest, I certainly didnt want to come across as mean...Although my picks are better than everyones :phhht

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Aalydah
    *Gary oh Gary.I laughed out loud in his set I think he's great but i just dont think anyone else thinks likes me.He did good but he didnt Wow people..its up to america to decide maybe he'll get the soccer mom votes *aww he's so cute~*!
    -
    Well, I am a genuine soccer mom, perhaps the only one here, and trust me: Gary is not getting my vote. Gary will get the votes of girls in their teens and twenties who would like to date him. He'll also get the votes of young guys who identify with him (or would like to).

It seemed like John was trying to go for the young vote too with his bar jokes. I have no idea what the demographics are for this show, but if it's 18-34, I can see why he did that.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by AIer_admirer
    It seemed like John was trying to go for the young vote too with his bar jokes. I have no idea what the demographics are for this show, but if it's 18-34, I can see why he did that.
    Are we talking mental age, or chronological? :rolleyes (Hey, just kidding, I'm watching it too.)

Seriously, though, I think you have a point. And it is apparently the 18 yr olds who are obsessed enough to place 20 or 30 votes for someone (read John or Gary).

BTW, if Jay Mohr says "God Bless You" once more, I'm gonna hire one of Tammy's relatives to whack him.

2 of the 3 I voted for made it. Im not dissapointed John made it I just think Kathleen had a better set in the final 6 competition

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213