+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Splitting up your votes!!!

My rankings

1. John Heffron
    2. Alonzo
    3. Gary Gulman
    4. Jay London
    5. Kathleen (haven't seen her perform but I doubt she's the worst)
    6. Tammy

FORT Newbie
    If I was ranking just by what I've seen on the show...
    I would put them in this order.
    1. John
    2. Alonzo
    3. Jay
    4. Gary
    5. Kathleen
    6. that other girl

However, I have had the pleasure of seeing Kathleen's show, live. She is alot funnier than we have seen. So, I think if she does as good as she did, she could be 1st, or 2nd.

Geez. People sure love John. I guess I just don't "get" him for some reason. I think he's okay, but not even in the same league as Alonzo--who seems clever no matter what he's saying.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I think John is funny and I have no choice but to vote for my Michigan boy.
    I used to listen to him on the radio all the time.

But I do think it will be very close between John and Alonzo with John winning by slightly more votes.

FORT Fan
    alonzo is my #2, heffron is my #1

alonzo just seems to have a 'forced' delivery, like he's just spitting out a couple of lame ice-breaker jokes before he gives some lame speech on the latest IRS tax law changes

/hoping the heffron fans don't short-change heffron by tossing a 1-vote bone to jay london

I can relate alot more to John's jokes than any of the others. The things that he jokes about doing when he was a kid I also did when I was a kid.

While I think Alanzo is an excellent comic, I just find myself liking John better. They both seem to have the biggest fanbases and both should make it to the next round.

FORT Fan
    i think alonzo would make an excellent writer for a sitcom or something, but his delivery is just off
    alonzo wrote some great stuff for the roast.....
    gulman's stuff for the roast was probably the most appropriate, even though he got negative remarks from the judges....if anyone has seen a friar's club roast on comedy central, it was just like gulman's set.....most people that go up to roast the guest of honor start off by making less than flattering remarks about the other roasters, then move on to the roastee...
    heffron had good stuff, too, with good delivery

that showed the talent the most out of anything they did....having to come up with new material that day....really showed a difference between the comedians....john heffron and alonzo had great material, gary did well, and tammy, kathleen, jay, corey and ant really didn't do well with writing new material....

good thing for kathleen she hasn't had to burn any of her material in the house, should get her through to the top 3....

john, alonzo, and kathleen will probably have the best sets tonight, but people tossing a bone to jay may put a dent in heffron's votes (since john's fans are most likely to toss a sympathy vote to jay, whereas kathleen's fans and alonzo's fans probably won't waste a vote on jay london

I think people are split between Alonzo and John because Alonzo's the better writer, and John seems more approachable and aims for the middle. Alonzo's writing is not only in-your-face, it's sophisticated. John's is everyday humor. I knew Alonzo would be this season's "sleeping dragon" and am glad he's made it this far. I don't think Kat will pull a major upset. We've seen too little of her.

I imagine the execs pulling for John, who works as a sitcom star, and Gary, a young talent that's gotten a lot of airtime.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123