+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 7/29 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diva Di
    Althought I agree that London is well liked by audiences, I don't believe his votes come from pity or merely because he's likeable (even though he is). I think it is a combination of his uniqueness, his likeabilty and that audiences relate to him.

Comparing London to Dat Phan makes my skin crawl. Eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwww! Dat Phan was a one trick pony.

I, too, loved Dave Mordal. He's awesome. In my book, he's been the best of the best.

Although he had a great delivery and strong presence, I don't think Ant got votes because his material probably doesn't appeal to mainstream America. Same goes for Bonnie. I like a lot of Bonnie's material; however, it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of women are turned off by her sense of humor.

Personally, I was surprised Todd faired as well as he did. I thought Corey did a much better job Tuesday night. Todd, although I find him entertaining, lacks discipline and his presentation is rather unpolished. Corey, although I am not wild about some of his material, is very entertaining. His honesty and charm buys him points with me.

Tammy's material is very old Vegas. I am Italian and am really unamuzed with her Gumba material. What I like even less is her personality. She is obviously talented and intelligent, so why does she have to say mean-spirited things about the others and rely on sterotyping her people for laughs? Tammy, too, has good stage presence but her attitude gets a big zero.

Alonzo is a very clever comic. I admire his intelligence, talent, delivery, sense of discipline and style. Humor is no laughing matter with him. It's work and he's good at it.

Kathleen does little for me. I don't dislike her. She simply hasn't made much of an impression on me.

I think both John and Gary have reallly good material, are very creative and both know how to work an audience. I don't think John has a winning personality, but Gary seems to have a lot of appeal with audiences. John has a good look for a comic; Gary is a good looking comic. ;-)

Although I would love to see Jay London win (please, oh please), I think America will chose Alonzo, Gary and John to be the last three standing. If Tammy makes it that far, I may never laugh again...especially if she beats out Jay.
    A convincing take on everything, Di!

I can't believe Jay won.
    He's was funny the first time I watched him, but his "it's almost over", "please like me", and his method of repeating the "joke" again got old fast.

Todd was annoying as heck in the house, but I thought he was funnier onstage than Jay.

Oh well, this show has just been one big dissapointment so I guess it doesn't matter who advances.

John and Alonzo are my favorites, so I hope they BRING IT during the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf

Todd was annoying as heck in the house, but I thought he was funnier onstage than Jay.

Oh well, this show has just been one big dissapointment so I guess it doesn't matter who advances.

John and Alonzo are my favorites, so I hope they BRING IT during the finale.
    except Todd being annoying in the house. I guess I am the only one in this thread who liked him in the house and on the wildcard show. I was very happy to see Todd and Jay as the final 2 for the wildcard event. I was mostly rooting for Todd but seeing how I gave Todd 2 votes and Jay one it didn't matter who won to me.

Go Jay London! But most of all

GO JOHN HEFFRON!! lol, I am so obsessed with that guy, it's kinda scary. I need a life.
    ~BB5 - rooting for Nakomis, Drew, Adria, Nat and Diane.
    ~LCS2 - JOHN HEFFRON
    ~Road Rules Xtreme - Patrick and Derrick

<3
    ~Brittany~

I think Jay won because he's different from the other 4 and the others were good but not outstanding. I didn't vote because I don't think that anyone was absolutely a riot--they all had some funny bits. I thought it was a very even competition. Jay was funny but he had duds too, and his self-deprecation isn't funny to me. With the final five, Alonzo is a superior writer, and Gary and John are decent writers but good looks count too. I don't think that Jay will win, or even be close to winning the competition next week. The winner should be Alonzo, unless someone has a magnificent set, because he really is the wittiest one. (Although he can have bad judgement too--remember when he said that he was on a work-release program from a prison on the tour bus? That was terrible judgement--a little funny for us, but terrible for the people stuck in the bus with him.)

Quote Originally Posted by WickedGood
    Yeah, he made fun of us, but he must respect us on some level to speak of us TWICE and our opinion must affect him 'cause he felt defensive enough to ridicule us.
    Has he been reading this forum???

Quote Originally Posted by Boredom
    ...and Bonnie is out first. Is anyone surprised? Really?
    I would be willing to bet that they didn't announce percentages because Bonnie's was unbelieveably low and they didn't want to embarrass her.

Quote Originally Posted by pudman13
    I would be willing to bet that they didn't announce percentages because Bonnie's was unbelieveably low and they didn't want to embarrass her.
    So true!
    ~BB5 - rooting for Nakomis, Drew, Adria, Nat and Diane.
    ~LCS2 - JOHN HEFFRON
    ~Road Rules Xtreme - Patrick and Derrick

<3
    ~Brittany~

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    I have to say that I was disappointed with this series. I was looking forward to laughing out loud and guffawing loudly. I did laugh at Ant's set, but I did a lot of groaning (not the good kind) at the others. I voted for the first time-I really like Ant's humor.I like that he uses his whole body for the joke and not just the words. Jay just reminds me too much of the oldies (Rodney Dangerfield, etc.) I do have to say the sympathy vote did a lot for Jay. I also didn't take into consideration what they were like at the house. I wasn't there and didn't see with my own eyes. Saying that, I also want to say that I don't care who wins. I don't believe we really have a say in it, and I believe their minds are already made up as to what new show is starting with whom. So,...

Ant's censored joke

Did anyone figure out what Ant said that got bleeped? Something about Asian men and brown rice???

Am I the only one who is puzzled that they would devote two shows to the losers when we’ve barely heard from some of the finalists, Kathleen primarily? Bonnie, Todd, Jay, Cory and Ant have gotten more exposure than the final five. What is wrong with this picture?

+ Reply to Thread