+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 7/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    It cracks me up to read that Corey's jokes offend and alienate women. I don't find that to be true at all. Some women may be offended, but most I know (including myself) found nothing wrong with his jokes. I also didn't see too many women looking offended in the crowd. To me his jokes were funny and he (along with Ant) were the only ones that made me even crack a smile. Todd's humor just totaly loses me, I don't think Bonnie is remotely funny and Jay needs new one-liners.

But hey, those are just my opinions.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

I will let the rest of America decide on this vote..
    Well Said..
    The important thing is that the best comics are in the house
    Except Tammy...
    Did u notice how she looked?
    i think shes gonna use her looks to try to win this just like with the focus group

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    [QUOTE=realityluver]It cracks me up to read that Corey's jokes offend and alienate women. I don't find that to be true at all. Some women may be offended, but most I know (including myself) found nothing wrong with his jokes. I also didn't see too many women looking offended in the crowd. To me his jokes were funny and he (along with Ant) were the only ones that made me even crack a smile. [QUOTE]

It actually depends on your sense of humor.
    Some people get offended some dont.
    His set didnt offend me,but i didnt find it that funny..Im not into that ghetto style jokes about women
    but thats just my opinion
    its just like ppl dislike gary's oreo cookie jokes
    and ant's queerness
    everyone has their own comedy style that they like

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Aalydah
    Well Said..
    The important thing is that the best comics are in the house
    Except Tammy...
    i think shes gonna use her looks to try to win this just like with the focus group
    Oh, and Gulman won't? Being attractive is part of her stage presence, just as it is part of his. You use what you have.

I think Tammy's been funny when I've seen her, and has a great voice and good delivery. Her stage presence is engaging.

The problem is that she repeats her material too much. It was funny the first time, but I really don't need to hear that "shot a pilot" joke again. When she adds new stuff, it's funny (the plastic surgery stuff, the girls gone wild stuff), and thankfully often NOT about being Sicilian. So she can be more than a one-trick pony. The question is, how much good new stuff, Sicilian and otherwise, can she come up with.

I really don't care how she behaved in the house. That stuff doesn't really interest me. I care about how funny she is on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by realityluver
    It cracks me up to read that Corey's jokes offend and alienate women. I don't find that to be true at all. Some women may be offended, but most I know (including myself) found nothing wrong with his jokes. I also didn't see too many women looking offended in the crowd. To me his jokes were funny and he (along with Ant) were the only ones that made me even crack a smile. Todd's humor just totaly loses me, I don't think Bonnie is remotely funny and Jay needs new one-liners.

But hey, those are just my opinions.
    I don't know what other people think, but I found him kind of funny, but a little disturbing at the same time. There's no way those are just jokes, you know? If we're laughing at him while hopefully learning who not to date, then he's OK, I guess, as long as he's not dating my sister or daughter. To be honest, Bonnie's joke about the ugly girls was more offensive than anything Corey said. That said...if something bugs people I can see why they wouldn't find it funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Aalydah
    Except Tammy...
    No offense intended, but are there actually people who find her attractive?? I sure don't.

Quote Originally Posted by pg13
    Honestly, I didn't see anyone in this group that I thought deserved to move on to the finals. (I confess that I wanted Todd to knock it out of the park but he popped it up. ) I didn't think any of them bombed but I didn't think that any of them really showed that they were unduly eliminated during the competition.
    I agree completely. I had thought a lot of these people got a raw deal but watching their sets last night made me think maybe they SHOULD have been eliminated. I also wanted Todd to kill, but he barely wounded. I still hope he or Bonnie get back in, definitely NOT Ant or Corey and much as I like Jay, he doesn't deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by pudman13
    No offense intended, but are there actually people who find her attractive?? I sure don't.
    She is attractive from the neck down and as long as you can't hear her voice.

Quote Originally Posted by realityluver
    It cracks me up to read that Corey's jokes offend and alienate women. I don't find that to be true at all. Some women may be offended, but most I know (including myself) found nothing wrong with his jokes. I also didn't see too many women looking offended in the crowd.
    I can't speak for women, but I know that if a female comic spends too much of her act attacking men it can turn me off. Corey's jokes about women didn't even ring true in a funny way like Alonzo's bits on them did for me.

I would imagine that if I were a female I would be mad about Corey's hypocrisy of talking about how he is looking for a rich girl to sponge off of and then going into a bit about marriage where he says women get married to men so they can get hold of their bank accounts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast