+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 7/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Lord, Corey was AWFUL last night. His material is absolutely brutal, and I shudder to think he might be cleaning it up for prime-time TV.

Ant and Jay were the only ones even remotely deserving to win last night. I agree, Famita, Bonnie was just OK - I find her funny but she seems to run out of material Todd was horrid, as per usual (and used repeat jokes...hellllloooo, Todd, the people voting have seen your act, buddy).

Ant and Jay were the only ones that made me laugh out loud...if I had to bet money on one of them, I would say Ant is going to win this one. He was totally *on* last night.

and please, no more about the Barry Katz-is-his-agent conspiracy...you gotta have some talent and charisma to get this far, no matter who your agent is.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Newbie
    I really dislike Bonnie and have since the beginning. Last night I think she placed the final nail in her own coffin with that nasty joke about giving her free drinks to the ugly girls. I am willing to bet there were many women offended by that one.
    And, frankly, how is it that she does not know she is actually one of "those ugly girls?"

FORT Fan
    IMO jay and todd did fine,
    corey was good, mostly new material, but he isn't doing himself any favors alienating the female vote....i like corey's demeanor and delivery,he just needs to ease off on pissing off half the crowd
    still can't stand ant....he wasn't that funny to me....and every gay joke he uses has been around since i was a kid....even the ones we haven't seen him do on the show...really...the 4 queens beats a straight....boxing invented by gays, a belt and a purse....he sucks at writing his own material and lives off tired old gay jokes and playing for sympathy from the crowd who will vote for him since he's gay
    bonnie....well, i think she'll have plenty of time to hang out in bars alone after the show is over....although it would be nice for some of the ladies to be nice and offer her thier drinks at half-price
    jay london did pretty good, although he would have done better if he would cut down on the begging lines (please like me, it'll be over in two minutes, starting to repeat a joke as if the crowd is slow, 'am i too deep for you people'....) his set would go over much better if he stopped with those lines and just did a few new lines
    i voted for todd glass just because he's the guy that would bring most to the house again, but without the drama queen stuff of ant.
    in all honesty, i don't think any of the 5 should have been brought back....i would have rather seen the top 5 from last season come back in last night

I just can't stand Jay's one-liners. Corey just wasn't good along with Bonnie and Todd. I thought Ant was the best last night.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by LJB1123
    I really dislike Bonnie and have since the beginning. Last night I think she placed the final nail in her own coffin with that nasty joke about giving her free drinks to the ugly girls. I am willing to bet there were many women offended by that one.
    And, frankly, how is it that she does not know she is actually one of "those ugly girls?"
    Sista needs to get over herself! She had some good material, but she's just not very likeable.

All in all I thought they all did their personal best. I wanted to vote for Jay-- because he's just so gosh-darn sweet, but I had to go with the person who made me laugh the most. All my votes went to Corey. I thought he did a great job and maybe could have beaten John Heffron if he'd use last night's set instead of the previous one.

But I seriously thought they all did a good job.

lol u guyz wont believe this, but todd was the only one who made me laugh!!
    Interested in Titanic the game? click the link and watch this completely origional game play out. click here

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by l_dogg
    ...Unlike Jay Mohr...don't even get me started on his set tonight. If you have to pull jokes out about the Florida recount to get a laugh, you need to revise your material.

...Corey's style gets old with me, it's like the only jokes he knows are ones which he puts down women and then tries to get in their pants.

...I think the wild card show was an utter disappointment...

Anyway, my votes for the winner will go to either John, Kathleen (if I ever get to see her set! I know she's funny...), or Todd if he happens to get back in.
    I agree about Corey. What goes through his head? To think that he considers his misogynistic rants vote-worthy! When there're plenty of women in the audience? You'd think he'd have learned his lesson since the head-to-head. Seven (7%) percent, my friend. Read 'em and weep. He is so offensive to me. And I'm not that sensitive. Don't think so anyway.

Jay London was awful. I know he has a lot of support - due to pity or whatever. To me he just looks dirty and schizoid. Sorry. There are lots of people who've suffered and hung in there trying to accomplish their dreams, yeah. But if you ain't good, you ain't good. It's more merciful to tell him. Although it's probably too late now. What line of work is the poor sod gonna pick up?

The whole show was NBC trying to get another night of advertising money. Now we gotta wait another week for the episode that should have happened last night!

Sad but not least, Jay Mohr isn't doing so good either. If he were competing, he wouldn't have made it into the house. His only funny stand-up was the one about how your cats don't like you.

This episode is the only one I watched once and will now erase from my tape. (Was watching BB5 at the time.) Not gonna bother to vote at all. Even though Todd was good. The funniest 5 made it to the finals already. Leave it alone.
    Last edited by "nervousing"; 07-28-2004 at 01:05 PM.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I don't think that the house should matter at this point - just because Todd was 'funny' in the house (I thought he was more like a whining, wet dog that needed to have a bone shoved down his throat to shut him up, but to each his/her own) doesn't mean that he should go to the final show. Mainly because he just wasn't the funniest. I actually would have rather watched Gary than Todd last night, because at least Gary's delivery is better than Todd's. He should be lucky that they went for Bonnie first, instead of him, because Heffron would have creamed him.

Quote Originally Posted by LJB1123
    I agree. I think she tried to put herself down ("dumb blonde slut") as many good jokes often are made that way, by the ability to laugh at oneself, but she did not succeed. Quite the opposite IMO.

Anyway, I had a hard time deciding whom to vote for, but I ended up throwing one vote for Jay London, and that was it. But I think none of the wild cards can win, the best comics are still in the house.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

FORT Newbie
    Corey: I missed his act coming home from dinner, so I can't analyze him.

Bonnie: As she told each joke (which didn't flow together very well, and were told with poor delivery), she offended a different group of people each time... "dumb blond sluts" like herself (her self-putdowns hurt her more than helped), feminists, lesbians, westerners, ugly girls... after you eliminate everybody she offended, there really is only 6% of an audience to vote for her, and even then her jokes weren't too funny.

Jay: I love his act and style, and thought he did a very good job last night. The type of joke he does requires a lot of intelligence to come up with, and he has a lot of them, and so that's admirable. He had me laughing, my favorite.

Ant: Ugh. Here's what I heard from him "I'm a drunk drug addicted homosexual." I found absolutely no part of his set either original OR funny. (And I want any ant-supporters to challenge this), and I don't think that it comes down to personal taste. I just don't think his humor is intelligent at all, and wouldn't consider voting for him.

Todd: He seemed the most comfortable on stage, and he's funny. His cookie monster thing was so hilarious (and I admit, it's a weird type of humor and not everybody might like it, but I do.) But it caught me off guard and I just couldn't help but laugh.

Here's how I rank it (without Corey):
    1. Jay London
    2. Todd Glass
    3. Bonnie McFarlane
    4. Ant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast