+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 7/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

For me it was

Ant
    Todd
    Corey( I just dont like his menly agaisnt woman jokes
    Jay( i just never laugh at his one liners)
    Bonnie

So my votes are going to todd and corey

I will vote for Corey. He's the only person that didn't reuse material. I mean, what are they thinking, they know we've heard and analyzed all their jokes.

Ant even reused the boxing jokes that the judges hated last year. I mean, come on!

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Hmmm, I actually don't know who to vote for.

Todd and Bonnie really weren't worth mentioning, so they're out of it. But Ant, Corey, and Jay all brought very good sets to the show. It's really between Ant and Corey for me. Ant was the better of the two, but he was *such* a pain in the show. Corey wasn't as good, but he's always consistant.... I might end up throwing 2 votes to Ant and 1 vote to Corey... Maybe I'll steal another phone line and give 3 to Ant, 2 to Corey, and 1 to Jay. Anyone but Todd or Bonnie, please

Good show tonight. My rankings:

*Bonnie- For the first time, I actually enjoyed her set. Maybe because she brought some new material. Still, I agree with those who say her personality is a bit jarring. I'd have no problem with her getting into the house, if only to upset Tammy.

*Jay- Endearing and funny, Jay is my favorite and has been throughout the competition. I may give him 2 of my votes, with the other vote going to...

*Corey- He just loves comedy, and he's good at it. He didn't strike a home run, but he was considerably better than last time. Corey just needs time to PREPARE, and then he's really good.

*Ant- I liked a few of his jokes, but I prefer comics who do routines based on everyday situations (i.e. Heffron). He adds color and personality, but he doesn't make me laugh. Plus he wasn't my favorite person in the house.

*Todd Glass- The first night I didn't enjoy Todd. Repeated jokes, lack of energy, a bit cocky. He could've won me over, and I would've gladly given him a vote or two, but not now. Good luck though!

Half of these folks were better than Jay Mohr. Bonnie reading a book backstage was funnier than Jay Mohr.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Idol Fan
    When I voted by phone, I got in 2 votes for Jay and when I tried to put in one for Ant the recording said I'd reached my limit! I didn't get 3 votes in. So I went to email, as it suggested and did it. Does anyone know if it's safe to vote with more than one email address? So far, I just did it through one, and finally got my 2 - Jay, 1 - Ant ratio that I wanted to do.

Would appreciate a reply. Thanks.

P.S. I thought Todd used too much old material, found Ant very funny and he'd certainly stir the pot, and like Jay most and find his humor very amusing. I just wish he'd drop the "starting to retell it, pretending no one gets it" shtick. But at least tonight he didn't finish starting to do that.

Definitely think Ant & Jay best comics for wild card choice, Corey a 3rd placer.

Quote Originally Posted by AIer_admirer
    Half of these folks were better than Jay Mohr. Bonnie reading a book backstage was funnier than Jay Mohr.

Hilarious, and I have to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Boredom
    I think that the house might have gotten it right with the boot order.
    I agree with you there. I have somewhat enjoyed the idea of a wildcard show but none of the comics that were here tonight have impressed me that much. With that being said, I enjoyed the format of the sets all show a lot. That's what it's supposed to be all about, the stand-up part.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    C'mon, Dat Phan could do a better job hosting than Jay Mohr... Dat's got the ethnic mother jokes on his side. Jay just... sucks. I would rather watch Michael Jackson lap water off of the ground than listen to Jay Mohr do jokes. Wait - Michael Jackson lapping up water might actually be funny. Um... I rather watch 'Forever Eden' than listen to Jay Mohr do jokes.

Therewego.

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    This show was terrible. Ugh! The only one was even slightly funny and original to me was... Bonnie. But hardly.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

Quote Originally Posted by scooberoo
    This show was terrible. Ugh! The only one was even slightly funny and original to me was... Bonnie. But hardly.
    I agree I was completely unimpressed. It was a toss up but my votes went to Corey. Tonight was not his best performance, but overall I think he's good.
    In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
    Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

FORT Newbie

Last Loser Standing?

I suppose this twist was supposed to make up for Dave Mordal last time. But there wasn't a person thrown off this season who didn't deserve to be, even if they should have won their showdown. Bringing one back really wasn't necessary.

I voted for Jay London. It's not like the voteback has any real chance of winning. His career could use the biggest boost.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast