+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are the open lines for each comic?

If I were in Italy Italian Idol's Avatar

What are the open lines for each comic?

I've come to realize that these comics are all using the same open lines to start there act. I wonder if we could predict what the open lines of each comedian is before the final head 2 head.

I'll start off with the easiest one of the bunch:

Tammy Pescatelli
    "My name is Tammy Pescatellli. That's sicilian for those who didn't know. Not all Sicilians are in the mob you know, some are in the witness protection program ........ some are dead."
    "I come from humble grounds. I was never spoiled, so I know how to appreciate things given to me"

Corey Holcome

This is the ghetto portion of the show ... I'm extra ghetto, I have 2 six year olds- and they aint twins.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fan
    ya, i know what you're saying to yourself...

i'm tall, 6'6", kinda freakish...
    but i'm a good looking guy,
    and jewish....
    and the producer of the show and i have the same agent,
    so i'll see you in the top 5

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jer2911
    ya, i know what you're saying to yourself...

i'm tall, 6'6", kinda freakish...
    but i'm a good looking guy,
    and jewish....
    and the producer of the show and i have the same agent,
    so i'll see you in the top 5
    I really like Gary and his type of stand up, and I am sure that a lot of people would agree with me. I think that he deserves to be there and if he wins, then he deserves that as well. He is entertaining in the house and is great on stage as well. I love that he uses new material and his delivery is dead on perfect. He has great timing and in my opinion his material is really good as well. Maybe it is just because I like the style (John and Gary are my favorites and they use similar "real life situation" humor) but he was one of my favorites from the beginning and I was so glad that he made it to the house.

He is in the top five because he won two h2h's, not because of the producer. He had won those fair and square. Now, if Ant gets a wild card and makes it into the finals, then that will be suspect.

Todd Glass: "Do I look like Fred Flintstone and Mel Gibson had an ugly baby?"
    Jay London: "Thank you."
    Corey Holcomb: "This is the ghetto portion of the show."
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

FORT Fan
    i don't dislike gary, i was just poking fun at him.
    i believe he and ant have the same agent as jay mohr....
    so any funny business you think is going on with having ant pushed on the viewers through editing and bypassing celebrity judges to get him on is being done by gary's agent....so it's not a stretch to believe gary's agent, who is also ant and jay mohr's agent, would have an influence on editing and such in favor of gary if ant isn't in the final 5.
    i think gary won his head-to-heads straight up, and would have loved to have seen gary/tammy/kathleen in the 3-way matchup just to see how they did.
    gary has great delivery....sometimes cheesy jokes or jokes that he's lifted from other performers, but i think he deserved to be in the top 5 from the ten that made it.

The thing that bugs me...that doesn't seem to just be Tammy Pescatelli's OPENING line, but her whole routine. I've yet to see much else. She even used it to pitch her TV show!

ugh! I don't like her comedy one bit, and she should have been in the head-to-head/sent home.

Tammy is Dat in a wig. eeeeevil.

Quote Originally Posted by heidi0813
    The thing that bugs me...that doesn't seem to just be Tammy Pescatelli's OPENING line, but her whole routine. I've yet to see much else. She even used it to pitch her TV show!

ugh! I don't like her comedy one bit, and she should have been in the head-to-head/sent home.
    Not to Jay out or anything, but...

THANK YOU!

I'm so glad that I'm not the only person who thinks that! Honestly, when you think about it, Tammy is just Dat in a wig, stillettos, and makeup. Kind of like in the cinematic treat that is White Chicks...

1. Dat had jokes about his family, or at least their stereotype, specifically his mother. Tammy has jokes about her family, or at least their stereotype, specifically any male relative.
    2. Dat won the final five sitcom immunity using his "comedy routine" (see #1). Tammy won the final five sitcom immunity using her "comedy routine" (see #1).
    3. Dat apparently cruised by on his good looks (I don't really see it, but whatever.) Tammy cruised by on her good looks (I don't see it, but whatever.)
    4. Dat is seen as annoying and unfunny by most people (going by the Internet, not by the people who vote in the Last Comic Theater). Tammy is seen as annoying and unfunny by most people (going by the Internet, not by the people who vote in the Last Comic Theater).

I could go on, but I won't.
    Hey, if John Heffron doesn't win Last Comic Standing, don't blame me! I voted for him 30 times. (I feel so democratic!) Although I confess to voting for Gary once. Just because he's hot. Sorry John.

I like Dat WAY, WAY more than Tammy but I see your point. Tammy spends all her time scheming and using the same, tired jokes. At least Dat gave us a hilarious game of hide-and-seek. All Tammy does is eat, scheme, and exercise with a gnome.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Quote Originally Posted by heidi0813

who are you, and why you using my avatar...?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast