+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 7/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

aceiling, I thought John had that room, too. I guess they didn't show Alonzo full blast.

Ooohh, a wildcard! As an Idol addict, I love these things. Hoping for Corey or Jay London. That'll be a saving grace since Tammy is in the finals (urgh)!
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I'm not surprised that Alonzo took the audience. Each part of his act appealed to someone different. Corey specialized in the ladies, and John specialized in the older brother/hyper-kid-growing-up people. Nothing against either of them, as I think both of them are amazing - definitely better than Toddstalker.

The ghetto portion of the show didn't get much love tonight. I didn't care too much for Corey's set but still thought he would get better than 7%. Not surprised that Alonzo ran away with it though, like I said I thought some of Heffron's jokes were kind of flat but still much funnier than Corey's. I am wondering if the show edited Alonzo to make it look closer to the tv audience to have some suspense.

Although I am not a big fan of Corey's ghetto portion of the show I still think he is better than Tammy's tired old goomba routine or Gary's I am tall routine. Of the dismissed comics, I am not a big fan of any of them but if I had to choose I would have to go with Corey or Jay. Please just no Ant or Todd

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AIer_admirer
    aceiling, I thought John had that room, too. I guess they didn't show Alonzo full blast.

Ooohh, a wildcard! As an Idol addict, I love these things. Hoping for Corey or Jay London. That'll be a saving grace since Tammy is in the finals (urgh)!
    Don't worry, it could always be worse - instead of Kathleen, Alonzo, and John, we could have a final consisting of Tammy, Gary, Ant, Bonnie, and Todd. The sad thing is that I'd want Tammy to win

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshade
    The ghetto portion of the show didn't get much love tonight. I didn't care too much for Corey's set but still thought he would get better than 7%. Not surprised that Alonzo ran away with it though, like I said I thought some of Heffron's jokes were kind of flat but still much funnier than Corey's. I am wondering if the show edited Alonzo to make it look closer to the tv audience to have some suspense.

Although I am not a big fan of Corey's ghetto portion of the show I still think he is better than Tammy's tired old goomba routine or Gary's I am tall routine. Of the dismissed comics, I am not a big fan of any of them but if I had to choose I would have to go with Corey or Jay. Please just no Ant or Todd
    You're in my mind, Blackshade! Poor ghetto portion....

The gnome should have his shot. He's had his moments.

Poor Corey, I loved him!... I wish Gary had gone instead. He's just not very funny.
    Yahtzee! Game on! We will make your life here a living hell. She's constantly in my ear, constantly in my ear. I'll see you in Arizona...with about 50 guys. If you thought you were running sh*t, that's gonna change!

Quote Originally Posted by Boredom
    Don't worry, it could always be worse - instead of Kathleen, Alonzo, and John, we could have a final consisting of Tammy, Gary, Ant, Bonnie, and Todd. The sad thing is that I'd want Tammy to win
    NOOO!Oh, that's not the case? Thanks for saying that, Boredom. It could be worse! Now I can enjoy the rest of the series. Can we take out Jay Mohr, though? I guess I need to make some concessions...

Quote Originally Posted by AIer_admirer
    Argh! Mohr's routine was REALLY bad tonight.
    I absolutely agree. He was so terrible, I even fell asleep during his set.

Tammy winning immunity, seeing Ant again and John throwing the gnome in the pool were my least favorite moments of the show. I believe John will be the recipient of Shazzer's wrath for that cruel act. Gnome-love all around.

I was so happy to see the 3 guys perform tonight, but I do believe that Corey was nervous and that cost him a lot. Alonzo and John were great, as I had expected.

Now, I can't wait to see what Kathleen is made of! Will she ever get a chance to prove she can actually be funny?

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I actually thought all 3 really brought it tonight. They all had their moments! Alonzo had me though. His set definitely got the most laughs out of me. He's da bomb. I wish that Tammi didn't win immunity. As much as I dislike Tammi, I really can't stand Bonnie. What a bitter little brat!

To be fair, I laughed at Cory's jokes more than John's. John had high energy and was really likable. I don't know I thought it was a toss up between the 2.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    And what was with that focus group. What size stick was up those mean little bastards' butts? Could they have picked a more miserable group of people? I felt so bad for the comics!

+ Reply to Thread