+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: 7/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by zapata
    Did these comics not watch last season? Why are they surprised about them coming back? I wasn't- and why didn't they have a sitcom idea ready since that was also a challenge last year? You would think they might have prepared more, it's a bit disappointing. I just hope they show us the percentages of each comic that wants to come back- if Ant is not dead last, I will be very very surprised.
    Maybe they *did* have their sitcom concepts already in place. Maybe they were just nervous about having to do the pitch to a focus group that seemed clearly intent on picking apart every single point until there was nothing left but the powdered remains of a comedy skeleton.....

FORT Fogey
    They did not know who the focus group was. They pitched their idea to a camera. If they watched last year they got it that the most viable plan was chosen. Kathleen went for the laugh. Johns idea could have been a contender if he had presented it with confidence and fleshed it out a bit more. They all seemed so defeated in their pitches with the exception of Tammy. The men pushed her through and maybe the others didnt stand a chance.
    Last edited by Dogbat; 07-22-2004 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    They did not know who the focus group was. They pitched their idea to a camera. If they watched last year they got it that the most viable plan was chosen. Kathleen went for the laugh. Johns idea could have been a contender if he had presented it with confidence and fleshed it out a bit more. They all seemed so defeated in their pitches with the exception of Tammy. The men pushed her through and maybe the others didnt stand a chance.
    I think you're right, Dogbat. John's idea just needed some beefing up and more energy. I think that's what benefits him in any situation they've come across. Tammy was the only one that was truly convinced, just like Dat's confidence.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Interesting comments to this point. That there are strongly favored and hated participants would be an understatement. I've watched all shows this season, most at least twice, some a third. Oh, boy, aren't I a glutton for punishment??

Upcoming !!!! a wild card match. the finals.

I will watch the wild card. I will vote for someone.

I will watch the finals. I will vote for someone - maybe more than once.

In doing so, they will continue to spout the propaganda "you decide".

While the fretting about and rooting for kicks into high gear, some thoughts....

Only one more week (2 or 3 times??) that we have to put up with Jay Mohr. It really is too bad he doesn't have a day job.

If you learned nothing else in grammar school, I hope you learned that history has a way of repeating itself. Beware.

Some of the funniest people did not even make it to the finals last year.

Some of the funniest people did not even make it to the house this year.

The people in charge are still friends with and/or managers of many of the contestants.

There is no world class accounting firm collecting and counting the votes and keeping the results hidden on their back porch in a hermetically sealed mayonnaise jar until reveal time. Instead the votes are counted by the people in charge that are still friends with and/or managers of many of the contestants.

I recommend you not get your hopes up too high. I'm not. I let last year's turn of events bum me. This year I'm prepared for any travesty they foist on us.

FORT Fan
    Fox needs to rip off this reality tv show idea, as well.
    when they get sued, they could show the judge how their show is vastly different because they actually do let home viewers decide who wins

Quote Originally Posted by disappointed
    I recommend you not get your hopes up too high. I'm not. I let last year's turn of events bum me. This year I'm prepared for any travesty they foist on us.
    I feel the same way.

It's an entertaining show, for what it is, but it isn't real...and it isn't worth risking much emotional attachment on...

I mean, I felt Dave Mordal was robbed last year...but this year, I'll watch to see who wins...and how many ways they can manage to keep Ant on network television.

pg--seattle

You said it, disappointed. Jay Mohr just keeps getting worse and worse. I'd rather see Ant (who is my least favorite of LCS in both seasons) than Mohr.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Well, next year will have no house, it's just going to be stand-up and a switch from a rip-off of Survivor to a rip-off of American Idol- at least they're ripping off the good ones.

Mohr is the lamest stand-up. I would hate to be his wife- I can't imagine the torture she goes through pretending to laugh and having to hear "Now, that would be funny to put in the act........"

I liked what tammy did with the " I know I am funnier than Gar... no....."
    But I still hope she loses!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112