+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 7/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    What's with all the hate for Gary? Hey, he's already won two head-to-heads, which no one else has done...seems like pretty strong competition to me.
    Dat won some H2H, if I remember correctly. Did that make him, in any way, shape, or form, the best of the 5 comics? Hell naw.

Same thing with Gary. The first person went up against Ant. Ant was the weakest standup in the house (although he is pretty good on specials). His second one was against Jay, which, while a more impressive feat than taking out Ant, still wasn't too hard. Now, if he had taken out either one of them with an Alonzo, John, or even a Tammy-good (!) H2H set, I might have a little bit more respect for him. But his set wasn't even as good as Tammy's. So I don't. The only thing that the guy's got going for him is his delivery, which is dead-on. The bad thing is that the jokes aren't.

But didn't Dat win last year?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Yeah, Dat wan last year,... but what has he done since then? I would watch Alonzo's and John's shows-both are intriguing. Hopefully they'd be written with lots of humor!!!
    I wished we would have seen the women and Corey at the h2h2h. That would have done it for me. I enjoyed Alonzo and John, I have enjoyed Gary. I don't remember Cath at all. So,...hopefully this year's final will be a true and honest measure of humor. And here's hoping they will all use original material, not the tired and over-used material we've already seen.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by famita
    I wished we would have seen the women and Corey at the h2h2h. That would have done it for me. I enjoyed Alonzo and John, I have enjoyed Gary. I don't remember Cath at all. So,...hopefully this year's final will be a true and honest measure of humor. And here's hoping they will all use original material, not the tired and over-used material we've already seen.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. At least for Tammy's act, because we already know what the opening joke is going to be...

'Not all sicilians are in the mob...'

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Boredom
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. At least for Tammy's act, because we already know what the opening joke is going to be...

'Not all sicilians are in the mob...'

what will Tammy's opening line be?

it doesn't take scooby doo to figure out that mystery

/sorry, couldn't help myself

I find it so interesting the way Heffron bottles up his energy and insecurities off-stage and then comes alive onstage.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Did anyone catch the exact times and days of next week's episodes? They ran the show info. so fast last night, I couldn't keep up. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jer2911
    what will Tammy's opening line be?

it doesn't take scooby doo to figure out that mystery

/sorry, couldn't help myself
    You use Ant's jokes better than he does!
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic
    I was kind of disappointed to see the two guys that are probably going to be the final two, go head to head last night. Makes the show seem anti-climactic. Now I know that in a head to head, Alonzo will probably win.
    The voters now have had the experience of watching the shows and observing their spontaneous wit and personalities in the house plus a chunk of their material. Alonzo did not offer much off stage, nor did Kathleen, Heffron gave us many laughs and Tammy made us lock and load. Gary has shown himself to be very charismatic both under the spotlight and at home. I am thinking John and Gary could easily be in the first two slots.
    Last edited by Dogbat; 07-21-2004 at 02:12 PM.

I wish they had made those who hadn't ever go head-to-head join the one they voted in. Kathleen and Alonzo were the only ones who hadn't been challenged to a head-to-head, correct??
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread