+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who will win the public's vote?

Who will win the public's vote?

Assuming that the scenario is the same as last year's, and the viewers get to choose the last comic standing, who do you think will take the brass ring? I predict John Heffron because he's witty, nice-looking, and high energy. Plus he can be quite funny onstage. I know it's hard, not having seen their final acts, but who is your pick to win?
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

FORT Regular
    Gary, tall, good looking, funny, granted not as funny as Jon, but he's just won back to back head to heads and he's been shown favorably by the producers. He'll win it all.
    And what would that sound like DAG?

I too am going with Gary. It doesn't matter who is the funniest it matters who is most unique in a good way.

As leader of the Gary bandwagon - I would say Corey.

Nah, I'm kidding. Gary to win, of course, but Alonzo would be a deserving winner as well. John Heffron is just too much of a bland, Ray Romano type for my taste.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Depends who votes

If it's people who have been watching the show all along, Tammy will never win (and doesn't deserve to.)

Alonzo is likely to do the best set. I wonder if it will help or hurt him (and Kathleen) to make it to the final without having to do even one round of standup first. I highly doubt either of them will be called on tonight.
    Kathleen hasn't gotten one vote in teh booth yet, and Alonzo just one, once, right?

I can see the vote going to John or Gary just because people think they're nice boys. I'm not kidding.

FORT Fan
    well, i think we'll have to see if gary even makes it through to the top 5....
    if he has to go up in the head-to-head again this week, i'm not sure he could make it through, no matter who he went up against.
    i'm rooting for john heffron
    gary may be my second favorite person in the house, but he's not the 2nd funniest.
    i'd rank:
    heffron takes it
    alonzo and kathleen tied for 2nd funniest
    gary over corey because i think he could work the crowd better than corey (meaning he gets the chic vote)
    i'd put tammy at no. 5 (hard to get a good feel for them all from the way they edit everything, but it seems like she is already using old material, and using her best material to get this far......if she pulls a dat when the home audience votes, semi-funny new material from gary will win over her doing old material again)

Quote Originally Posted by jer2911
    gary over corey because i think he could work the crowd better than corey (meaning he gets the chic vote)
    Corey has some funny lines, but his ghetto rap and misogyny is where he loses my vote. Andrew Dice Clay did it better and less offensively because he was such a cartoon - Corey doesn't always sound like he's joking. That may be why Gary is going to get the *chick* vote.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I'm going with my boy John Heffron to take it all. He appeals to the broadest audience. The others should be:
    Alanzo
    Kathleen
    Gary
    Cory
    Tammy.

I think Corey, Alonzo and John are the funniest. Kathleen is up there too but doesn't appeal to the audience as much as the others. Tammy doesn't stand a chance and Gary is funny but not the funniest of them all. My prediction is Alonzo winning it all.

I think it will be between Alonzo and John, with Gary possibly snatching quite a bit of the votes, too. My vote might go to Alonzo, but I'll wait until their final number to decide. Right now Alonzo appears the most professional; his roast was impressive compared to the rest of the gang.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast