+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Who will win the public's vote?

Head to Head

I think it's bound to be Gary or John, mostly because they've each won two head-to-head showdowns. Remember, last year going into the final five Dat Phan was the only one who had won twice. It's ironic that the contestants spend all their time scheming to avoid being challenged, when that's the only way they can guarantee themselves more TV exposure than their competitors. Kathleen Madigan probably has more experience than any two of the other comics combined, but she'll have to absolutely kill on the final show to get any votes because she's had so little exposure to the TV audience.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop64
    I think it's bound to be Gary or John, mostly because they've each won two head-to-head showdowns. Remember, last year going into the final five Dat Phan was the only one who had won twice. It's ironic that the contestants spend all their time scheming to avoid being challenged, when that's the only way they can guarantee themselves more TV exposure than their competitors. Kathleen Madigan probably has more experience than any two of the other comics combined, but she'll have to absolutely kill on the final show to get any votes because she's had so little exposure to the TV audience.

Yes, Kathleen has had little exposure on the show, but has a lot of material to draw from and use from her act that she has been doing for years....
    when it does come down to the final 5 and she does have to go head-to-head, she will just begin to dig into her old material to try to stay alive, whereas many of the other comics have already started burning through their best bits to stay alive this far.
    i seriously doubt many of the comics have written many new jokes just for LCS.....they have enough of a background to just put together 30 minutes of their best material (many of the comics this season have had their own special on comedy central or have their own comedy cd's released)

so kathleen hasn't done much to impress the home viewers so far, but she does have the advantage of not having to use her best material to have stayed alive in the house so far

John has gotten my vote from the very beginning. The bad strategy that he did last time in voting Bonnie off backfired on him though because apparently, Bonnie never got over it. One may not want to do the face-to-face challenge but if you win it, it would give you an advantage over the others in that the other constestants would think twice to challenge you next time and also give you more tv exposure, hence, more audience votes. It is because of this that John and Gary will be the ones to reckon with. Alonzo will be the only one that could beat them because in all truthfulness, he has the best material out there than anyone else, that's why he got 55% of the votes last time (John=38%, Corey=7%).

I think i've seen the best of Corey, Jay, & Ant. They just don't cut it for me. I thought Corey can do better but he just keeps telling the same jokes and the same theme, there is no variety in his material. I would have wanted him in the wildcard round. Ant makes fun of anything gay and his stereotypical gay image is just annoying, while Jay's act is too novelty so it's getting old already. For the wildcard round, i think Todd and Bonnie should be the contenders. I think they deserve to get in there. Bonnie was stupid to go up against John instead of Tammy so she got massacred. Todd, on the other hand, he's funny just looking at him but sometimes his jokes are all over the place that he loses it. I think prepubescents & teenagers are the appropriate audience for him. He'll get 100% of their votes. Between Todd & Bonnie, although both are not my favorites, I'll vote for Todd only because he is more high energy and he almost beat Tammy. He also got the best attitude going into this contest.

ever since I first saw heffron do a routine Ive wanted him to win... and I think he will

FORT Fan
    "Todd, on the other hand, he's funny just looking at him but sometimes his jokes are all over the place that he loses it. I think prepubescents & teenagers are the appropriate audience for him. He'll get 100% of their votes. "

Well yeah, you've probably nailed Todd's demographic. BUT: how many teenagers and prepubescents do you think actually watch LCS? My guess is...few or none.

Gotta throw this in one more time: I'm rooting for Kathleen to take it all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345