+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who will win the public's vote?

I think Alonzo is the best by far. But I think Tammy will win.

Either Alonzo or John.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

FORT Fogey
    Comedy is like art, it appeals to you personally or not. Saying so and so "should" win makes no sense in a subjective arena.

I think my source is correct when he says that the expense of creating phone lines able to accept only one call per number is prohibitive because the technology is just not there yet due to low demand.

Idol Fan
    Hi. Though I haven't watched this show since its beginning, I'd have to say that Alonzo is my pick so far. During the Friar's Club roast he definitely impressed me the most. As for Gary, I don't like him. John came across to me, this week, as presenting good, funny material yet a bit desperate. I think Alonzo is much smoother. I'm waiting to see Kathleen perform again before I make up my mind on her. Of course, hearing what they do from this point on will make a difference to me.

As for the voting, according to what I read at the official site, it says we each only have 3 votes per telephone call/email address and that if they decide to change it they will announce it during the show and at the voting website at NBC.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    Comedy is like art, it appeals to you personally or not. Saying so and so "should" win makes no sense in a subjective arena.
    Well said. dogbat

I personally would like John or Alonzo to win. But I think Tammy has a real good shot at it.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellenote
    As for the voting, according to what I read at the official site, it says we each only have 3 votes per telephone call/email address and that if they decide to change it they will announce it during the show and at the voting website at NBC.
    My source is clearly full of sh*t. :rolleyes

touque

As many others have said I am also pulling for John or Gary. I really like John Heffron's style a lot, he really cracks me up. I relate to Gary's material as well and I think he's quite funny. IMO they are the front runners.
    In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
    Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Oculona
    But I think Tammy will win.
    Yeah and Mississippi St. is going to win the west.

I think Alonzo has a great chance he seems very good on stage, but very serious in the house. Kathline can be a darkhorse becuse not much of her act has been seen. John and Gary both have a broad appeal but have had to show alot of their material. We have seen alot of Tammy's stuff as well, but I have not enjoyed her jokes or her personality in the house so I would be shocked if she won.

Anyone but Ant ... PLEASE!!! :phhht
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast